LG Vortex - swype texting

appy911

Reaction score
I received a text on my LG Vortex, and I went to respond, but my keypad was acting up. I was in the Swype option, and everytime I click on "Type to compose," it either doesn't do anything, or the keypad will pop up for an instant, and then disappear. I switched to the Android option, and that works fine. Does anyone know why this happened, and what I can do to fix it? I've turned my phone off and back on, I've kept it off for a bit, I've tried starting new messages, and it's always the same thing - Swype doesn't work, but Android does.

kayjay72

Reaction score
I'm having swype troubles too

I've had my Droid Vortex for about three weeks and yesterday I started having the same exact problem as you were having. Did you get it resolved? Any suggestions?

beck617

Reaction score
me too!

I have been having this same issue for a week now. Have either of you resolved this? I can type using the Android keyboard, but the swype function is still having problems!

kayjay72

Reaction score
Possible Swype solution

I did so many things, I can't remember exactly what did the trick. lol
Try taking the battery out for a minute to give it a good, solid reboot. If Swype still isn'tworking, go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. Select your Running applications and open Swype, then Clear Data.
I hope you get your Swype back!

KorriWyatt

Reaction score
how to turn swype back on

hey i work at verizon, i recently had my swype stop working for no reason. first i exported all my contacts to my sd card so i would not loose them, and backed them up through google and backup assistant, and then did a factory data reset. to do this you go under settings, then security and choose the option data reset. this will erase everything, but your contacts and pictures and some apps will be on your sd card. when the phone turns back on log back into your google and all that. then go under contacts, select the menu button, more, then import contacts from sd card. now my swype is back on and my phone is fine.

graygrannyonate

Reaction score
Probably I should be sending a private text to Korri, but instead I'll post here.

I love SWYPE and so far haven't been having problems with that, but I do need to do a factory data reset because I don't like having both Backup Assistant and Google back up on my phone. My contacts are doubled and there are way too many of them.

I can't make my contacts save to my SD card, I can't make apps save to my SD card, I can't make texts save to my SD card. Those options are grayed out.

How do I set up my phone so that I can have those options?

Thanks!
Debbie