Text issues, want to open to incoming messages directly

brown24eyes

Reaction score
I keep sending texts to the wrong person. Maybe because I haven't adjusted to the android ways but is there any way to change the settings so that when a new text arrives it goes to the new message instead of the last opened one when opening the message app? It is really getting on my nerves because it gets really messy when you're conversing with more than one person at a time. Please help, thinking of returning the Galaxy S3 over of it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hi, I'm not familiar with the s3 or touchwiz for that matter.. but I'm sure someone who is will be along to help you shortly :)
.welcome to the droid forums..

You're not used to the droid ways??? Were you a blackberry or apple user before?

Android is pretty straight forward, but every manufacturer has their own twist of what they think it should be...

We'll get you going in the right direction :)

GoBears

Reaction score
When I have a new message in Handcent and open up the app, it goes to the list of conversations not the new text message. Might want to try Handcent from the market.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
In Handcent I check the option to show a notification in the status bar. When a new message notification comes in and you touch it you are immeditely taken to that message.