text entry stops all of a sudden

sapient79

Reaction score
sometimes when I'm typing a txt msg, email, google srearch, or anything involving a text box, text entry will just stop happening. this happens with the physical/virtual keyboard.

i'll have a partial message typed out and even though it looks like the keyboard itself is responding to touch, letters & words stop showing up in the text box.

switching back and forth from virtual/physical does nothing. i usually have to exit and close whatever app/text i'm in and start over. i did some searching, but haven't seen any other threads with this issue. anyone?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sometimes when I'm typing a txt msg, email, google srearch, or anything involving a text box, text entry will just stop happening. this happens with the physical/virtual keyboard.

i'll have a partial message typed out and even though it looks like the keyboard itself is responding to touch, letters & words stop showing up in the text box.

switching back and forth from virtual/physical does nothing. i usually have to exit and close whatever app/text i'm in and start over. i did some searching, but haven't seen any other threads with this issue. anyone?

Ye s I have seen this behavior before. On a 3 day old Droid. I took it in and VZW said it was internal memory failure and exchanged it. If it happens a lot. Take it back and get a new one