Virtual Keyboard Glitch

Callister

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a droid and am having issues with the virtual keyboard. The following has been observed only with the horizontal keyboard: basically, what happens is that the keyboard display suddenly disappears while texting. When I click on the dialog box, the keyboard returns but nothing I type appears until after I send the msg. Also, when this happens, my wallpaper changes from my current live wallpaper back to my last still one... if anyone knows what I could do to fix this, i'd be very grateful

cs2112

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a droid and am having issues with the virtual keyboard. The following has been observed only with the horizontal keyboard: basically, what happens is that the keyboard display suddenly disappears while texting. When I click on the dialog box, the keyboard returns but nothing I type appears until after I send the msg. Also, when this happens, my wallpaper changes from my current live wallpaper back to my last still one... if anyone knows what I could do to fix this, i'd be very grateful

I'm having the same problem, but mine happens with both virtual keyboards. My wallpaper doesn't change though.

goverjkg

Reaction score
Basically, what happens is that the keyboard display suddenly disappears while texting. When I click on the dialog box, the keyboard returns but nothing I type appears until after I send the msg... if anyone knows what I could do to fix this, i'd be very grateful

This happened to me last month. After searching Twitter for anyone else having the same issue, I took my phone into a Verizon store. I showed the guy what my phone was doing and he arranged for me to have a replacement Droid X sent to me. He didn't even put up a fight.

My wife's Droid X had a similar issue a couple weeks ago and took her phone into a different Verizon store and they apparently hard-reset her phone. She had to replace all her apps, re-set up all of her e-mails, etc. But at least they fixed the issue on the spot, unlike when I took mine in.

So, just an FYI, you'll want to take it into a legit Verizon store (not an "authorized reseller" one) and get them to help you.

TheLovelyDisaster

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with the X2...for the second time around. When I first got my phone within a week when i typed on my side keyboard nothing showed up and it wouldnt send anything but when i typed on my regular keyboard in between basically every word when i hit the space the keyboard would drop and click a whole different message. When I brought it in they said it was probably because of the app killer..so they reset my phone and things were going good until tonight when it started happening again..and this time I do not have the app killer on my phone so yea...annoying glitch..

ercymcercy

Reaction score
Problem Solved: Had this problem with the keyboard not inputting text and the KB disappearing completely on Droid X2. I called VZ tech support and they fixed it by having me go to my Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> view tab All Applications -> select mytouch_keyboard app and clear the data by selecting the clear data button. Hope this helps. Good luck.

st8of1der

Reaction score
Rock on!!

Problem Solved: Had this problem with the keyboard not inputting text and the KB disappearing completely on Droid X2. I called VZ tech support and they fixed it by having me go to my Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> view tab All Applications -> select mytouch_keyboard app and clear the data by selecting the clear data button. Hope this helps. Good luck.

...totally worked!!

So at first, I noticed (through trial-and-error) that turning off 'Next word prediction' in Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Multi-touch Keyboard eliminated the virtual keyboard from self-cancellation problem. However, I like the 'Next word prediction' feature so I was not satisfied. Thanks for figuring this one out (by the way, the app is 'Multi-touch keyboard'... at least that's what it was on my Droid 2).

But what I don't get is how this happens in the first place. My phone was working fine and it just started doing this one day; that's pretty annoying :|

clancym

Reaction score

I don't know if you're allowed to bump in this subforum, but whatever, i'm doing it anyway. I just made an account to thank you, even though you probably never go here anymore, as shown by the "1 post" under your avatar. You're a life saver.