Text deletion issues.

cesar357

Reaction score
Question. Just did an update on this phone. Before I was able to delete certain text messages that were inside a text conversation. Like if I wanted to delete a couple of messages instead of the entire conversation I was able to. Now I can't. I have to open the conversation and select one by one. Select, delete and select delete message by message. This is way too long. Especially when I want to delete a few. Before I can see all the messages with a little square to select that specific message. Any ideas how to use this option again?

jtc303

Reaction score
Question. Just did an update on this phone. Before I was able to delete certain text messages that were inside a text conversation. Like if I wanted to delete a couple of messages instead of the entire conversation I was able to. Now I can't. I have to open the conversation and select one by one. Select, delete and select delete message by message. This is way too long. Especially when I want to delete a few. Before I can see all the messages with a little square to select that specific message. Any ideas how to use this option again?
If you're using the stock messenger... long press on a conversation and a check mark/trash bin will appear, the selected convo will be highlighted and it will say "1 selected"... just tap on any other conversations and it will select that as well, then press the trash bin... and they're gone!

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's not exactly what I meant, sorry. What I mean is once you're inside a text message conversation. Doing what you stated will delete the entire conversation with that person. What I need is not to delete the entire conversation. Just a few inside the conversation. Is that making sense? Sorry if I'm not making sense, lol.

jtc303

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That's not exactly what I meant, sorry. What I mean is once you're inside a text message conversation. Doing what you stated will delete the entire conversation with that person. What I need is not to delete the entire conversation. Just a few inside the conversation. Is that making sense? Sorry if I'm not making sense, lol.
Oh I see.. sorry looks like a no go... I wanna say GoSMS has that feature but don't quote me on that

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
How do you get SMS on this phone, lol.

gunboy44

Reaction score

My Droid Bionic just updated to Android 4.0. And I lost the ability to "select multiple" text messages to delete. Now I have to delete each message in the thread individually or delete the entire thread all at once. I called Motorola to complain. They suggested a third party SMS app and perhaps if enough people complain they will correct the problem with a patch. I wont hold my breath.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
gunboy44 said:
My Droid Bionic just updated to Android 4.0. And I lost the ability to "select multiple" text messages to delete. Now I have to delete each message in the thread individually or delete the entire thread all at once. I called Motorola to complain. They suggested a third party SMS app and perhaps if enough people complain they will correct the problem with a patch. I wont hold my breath.

If you download a third party application it doesn't delete the original format does it?

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Handcent SMS allows deleting single text msg without deleting everything.

^This.

Handcent and Go SMS Pro both allow Batch mode deleting when it comes to deleting more than one text message from one conversation (The little check box next to each message).

I just looked at my stock messaging app. I don't seem to have the function anymore either.