How to lock texts and more?

laurrrenxx

Reaction score
What do I do in order to lock specific text messages and can select texts to delete instead of having to either keep them all, delete them all, or delete them one by one in the conversation.

I've found apps that do it but I hate the apps! They completely change how the messaging looks. I hate how my env's were capable of these messaging options but my oh so wonderful droid x can't...

Is this possible after all???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which sms replacements did you try? I strongly suggest handcent because it has far more functionality than the stock sms and if you don't like the way it looks you can always customize it, even if that means making it look stock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Longpress the texts you want to lock (not the thread) and the first option is "Lock Text". Then wheneer you want to delete all non locked texts just longpress the thread as usual and delete. You should get a popup asking whether you want to delete the locked texts as well. Answer accordingly to your desired outcome. Is this what you are referring to? By the way this is on a Moto Droid 1. I forgot the stock X Messaging app is different...right? If so then this might not work.

OP
L

laurrrenxx

Reaction score
Yea on the droid x I dont get that option ): its driving me nuts!!

OP
L

laurrrenxx

Reaction score
I've loaded the handcent app wow whatever it was called before. unfortunately I'm not a fan. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope the next droid x update includes those options. It just seems lame that my friends that don't have a smart phone have more messaging options then I do with my smartphone. ):