Qs on texting, aps

canaddar

Reaction score
If anyone has figured it out yet......

Is there a way to assign custom ringtones to a person's text messages? (just like the phone custom ringtones)?

Is there any way to display the text messages without the big 'say' bubble around them? That thing makes it so that you can only see about 2 messages at a time on the huge screen.

How do you delete Aps? I saw an ap in the market to delete aps, but have not been able to figure it out thru the phone yet.

How do you delete a 'shortcut' on the home screens? (ie....left side, second dot.....if I want to delete the blue tooth icon)

On home page, right side, first dot....there are a couple of quick reference boxes for contacts at the top of the screen....how do I delete a reference on there without totally deleting the contact from my phone?

Is there a way to send a text message in one button push? (right now, I have to hit the 'done' button, and then the 'send' button on a screen that pops up after you hit the done button)

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
OP
C

canaddar

Reaction score
Few more Qs

Anyone found a way to delete some of the pre installed aps like Skype, City ID, and the social networking stuff? I do not and won't be using any of these, so they are just using up battery and memmory. I have shut them off with an ap killer ap a few times, but they just come back on a few minutes later.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Anyone found a way to delete some of the pre installed aps like Skype, City ID, and the social networking stuff? I do not and won't be using any of these, so they are just using up battery and memmory. I have shut them off with an ap killer ap a few times, but they just come back on a few minutes later.

Not until Root is achieved...And the task killers do more harm than good...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there a way to assign custom ringtones to a person's text messages? (just like the phone custom ringtones)? I used handcent to do that

Is there any way to display the text messages without the big 'say' bubble around them? That thing makes it so that you can only see about 2 messages at a time on the huge screen. I shut off the popup in handcent

How do you delete Aps? I saw an ap in the market to delete aps, but have not been able to figure it out thru the phone yet. See my other post

How do you delete a 'shortcut' on the home screens? (ie....left side, second dot.....if I want to delete the blue tooth icon) Long press then drag to trash can at bottom of screen

On home page, right side, first dot....there are a couple of quick reference boxes for contacts at the top of the screen....how do I delete a reference on there without totally deleting the contact from my phone? Deleting the shortcut from the screen does not delete a contact

Is there a way to send a text message in one button push? (right now, I have to hit the 'done' button, and then the 'send' button on a screen that pops up after you hit the done button) Again I use Handcent, one button send