Tethering

Deadpool

Reaction score
I was wondering.... what's a good free tethering app? I'm trying out this PDA NET app and it cuts in and out on my Mac... just wondering since I've never tethered before. Thanks to anyone who can give some ideas.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
I was wondering.... what's a good free tethering app? I'm trying out this PDA NET app and it cuts in and out on my Mac... just wondering since I've never tethered before. Thanks to anyone who can give some ideas.

Nothing wrong with PDAnet at all. I bought it and it works well (but I'm not using it on a Mac). The "best" solution depends on what OS you're running, and whether or not you're rooted. Also what OS you want to tether to, but you've already answered that.

If you're rooted, I think the native USB tethering is the best plan as you don't need any software on the workstation side unless you are running Windows XP SP2 or lower.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with PDAnet at all. I bought it and it works well (but I'm not using it on a Mac). The "best" solution depends on what OS you're running, and whether or not you're rooted. Also what OS you want to tether to, but you've already answered that.

If you're rooted, I think the native USB tethering is the best plan as you don't need any software on the workstation side unless you are running Windows XP SP2 or lower.

No... I'm not rooted. My OSX is 10.4.11 and my only problem is the damn thing cuts off connection every time the screen on my phone goes to sleep.