Tethering question

Arrpee

Reaction score
I do know that the Droid X already has a built in WiFi tether app, however you have to pay extra to use that feature and not be hit in the face with a big bill (to my knowledge). However when Froyo comes out that will bring with it, its own tethering support. Would you still have to pay the premium for this service or would it differ from the one thats pre-loaded on the phone?

Sorry if this question is obvious but i thought i should ask it.

I do know that the Droid X already has a built in WiFi tether app, however you have to pay extra to use that feature and not be hit in the face with a big bill (to my knowledge). However when Froyo comes out that will bring with it, its own tethering support. Would you still have to pay the premium for this service or would it differ from the one thats pre-loaded on the phone?

You will have to pay to tether with the hotspot app on the X.

The only way around it is to use PDAnet for Wired or BT tether
or Root to use Wifi tether.

Alright thanks for the info folks.

You will have to pay to tether with the hotspot app on the X.

The only way around it is to use PDAnet for Wired or BT tether
or Root to use Wifi tether.

Just to point out the facts, BT tethering on PdaNet is free!

Can you do everything on a bluetooth tether that you can do on a wifi tether ??
I own neither I mainly usb tether.

On the same topic

thought this was a decent place to post....

I am running a rooted droid UD 5.0.1 .... It has the wireless tethering app that comes with UD...

It works perfect on my phone....

Dumb question.... Will i be charged for using this???

It works great and is super fast but i want to make sure since im rooted i will not be using this.

TIA

Nothing comes for free. All of us free tether guys need to start Level exercises, for later behind beehind bars:)

Android Rules!

Well I was looking for more of a yes or no answer... that answer scares me in a way....

Back