Tether to a tablet?

82DMC12

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've had my Bionic since day 1 and I love it. I'm thinking about picking up an Android tablet before I go to Europe on vacation later this month. I don't want to have a monthly contract or capped data for it, so has anyone successfuly tethered their Bionic to any tablet? If so, please be specific about what tablet you have and how you did it.

Thanks!

bigkhan

Reaction score
Yes connected to Xoom, Galaxy, pandigital, should work with anything wifi. Have to be rooted, must have sq editor. Check the hacks section and look for wireless tether. Be careful alot of people think verizon is going to drop the hammer on us for this

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mdanehart

Reaction score
I am in the market for a tablet, my old laptop is on it's last leg. Can you USB tether like I do with the laptop without rooting?

mikespe

Reaction score
I have the Viewsonic gTab running the Flashback Honeycomb rom and I do the wireless tether all the time at work. They block Facebook & Twitter at work so it allows me access to the full site mode. It works great! I did the tether hack but I did NOT do the block vzn hack since I don't really stream anything when I'm tethering

DroidmanInBlack

Reaction score
I bt tether to my Bionic just fine with my Transformer, no hacks required. Not sure about USB tether. I have heard that you can't USB tether android to android, but I haven't researched it for myself. Another alternative people use is pdanet app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

OP
82DMC12

82DMC12

Reaction score
I bt tether to my Bionic just fine with my Transformer, no hacks required. Not sure about USB tether. I have heard that you can't USB tether android to android, but I haven't researched it for myself. Another alternative people use is pdanet app.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

How exactly are you doing this? I would rather not root my bionic. I do have pda net on the bionic but I don't think that will work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Give PdaNet Tablet a try. You'll need to install it on both your Tablet and Bionic. No root required.

OP
82DMC12

82DMC12

Reaction score
Give PdaNet Tablet a try. You'll need to install it on both your Tablet and Bionic. No root required.

Thanks Wicked, I dl'd the app on both phone and tab, followed the instructions, and everything seemed to hook up correctly but when I go to the tab browser it says there is no internet connection.

I'm using my Bionic unrooted and a brand-new Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.

I'll root if I have to, but it would be great to get it to work the 'normal' way!

BTW... what's the best samsung tab forum? There seem to be a lot of them.

bigkhan

Reaction score
I tried the pdnet app and was never able to get it to connect online. But just like you it said connected.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks Wicked, I dl'd the app on both phone and tab, followed the instructions, and everything seemed to hook up correctly but when I go to the tab browser it says there is no internet connection.

I'm using my Bionic unrooted and a brand-new Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.

I'll root if I have to, but it would be great to get it to work the 'normal' way!

BTW... what's the best samsung tab forum? There seem to be a lot of them.

Yeah, some have had success and some not. I think it has to do with your Android version on your phone.

Visit our sister site here http://www.galaxytabforums.net/index.php

I
posted PdaNet Beta on several of our tablet sites and have gotten mixed results. Check here for example http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-apps/1048-pdanet-tablet-beta.html