Terrible battery life assuming cause is TiBu

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im getting maybe 4 - 5 hrs of battery life with EXTREMELY minimal use. Im at work so Im only once n a while checking my phone for the time and in 4 hours the phone is completely dead.

I've had this issue before on my Dx and I remember discovering it's because when going from one theme/rom to another I would restore absolutely EVERYTHING with Tibu and somewhere along the restore an app(s) cause the battery to drain much quicker. I just can't remember exactly what I did.

Can anyone help me out?

I don't mind wiping my data and redoing a ROM I just don't want to lose any system settings (text histories, wifi info, contacts, maps. etc.)

Thanks!

Edit: Also forgot to mention for some reason i get a horrible charge when using wall chargers. Im not sure why, if I am doing anything with my phone while USING a wall charger my battery will still slowly decrease. Im running Kinetx rom and with the 1% battery I can see it slowly going 5....4.....3....2.... power down but is plugged in the whole time. If i turn the phone off it'll charge. But if i use my car charger in 30 minutes i can be from 10% to 60% power while using GPS. Im not sure what gives with this >_< help!

Last edited:

johnlgalt

Reaction score
You need to check out the apps running and see what is running that may be making a difference in terms of always running in the background. Also, you're not using a task manager to auto kill apps, are you?

OP
P

phatkat66

Reaction score
No I never use a task killer unless something isn't working correctly and i kill it to restart it. Ill check which apps I have running but under battery usage it seems "Maps" is using 46% of the battery. But my gps has been off and I haven't touched "Maps" at all today.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
As for the charger, are you using the charger/usb cable that came with the Bionic? When I tried to use my Eris charger with the Bionic cord it would screw everything up, same with the off brand charger I bought. No issues with the Bionic charger. They say the same amount of power, but something was clearly cheap/not compatible.

At this point it sounds like a factory reset might be the best solution, seems more likely something got messed up in the ROM switch than backed up apps in storage causing the drain. I just did a FDR and used TiBu to backup/restore and my battery life is actually better than ever, so that can't be the cause.