Temporary Freeze after unlock

PackersDudeJAS

Reaction score
Got a new droid 2 running Froyo and I am having an issue after unlock. This only happens if I have not restarted the phone in the previous 12 hours or so. As I am used to keeping my phone on non-stop for days on end, this is frustrating. After unlock (even after a very short time of being locked) the screen is not reactive to any touch for 5-10 seconds after unlock. It will however let me pull down the notification bar, but not click on anything that gets pulled down. Does anyone have any ideas? I hope I do not have to keep restarting my device two times a day. Thanks.

PS...otherwise, this is the best phone I have ever owned. Cannot think of enough positives, but this has been the only negative.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums! Have fun, play nice (respect is #1 here), and enjoy your stay!
The D2 is a GREAT phone, you choose wisely young grasshoppa! :)
Do you have any kind of task killer or anti-virus app installed?

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ditch that sob. It might not be causing your problem but its not helping either. I'm sure double d is digging up a link for you.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow, you're quick! :)
Yes, uninstall it and reboot. Use your back key when exiting applications instead of home (unless you're going to go right back to it). Keep me posted :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
P

PackersDudeJAS

Reaction score
appreciate all the quick advice! It has been uninstalled and restarted. Wont know if that fixed it till tomorrow, but thank you guys again. Very informative about the task-killer. Mad props to all of you. You do accept payment in the form of 1990's lingo, right?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's why we're here! :dancedroid:
Keep me posted man! "Payment" for..?

appreciate all the quick advice! It has been uninstalled and restarted. Wont know if that fixed it till tomorrow, but thank you guys again. Very informative about the task-killer. Mad props to all of you. You do accept payment in the form of 1990's lingo, right?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
P

PackersDudeJAS

Reaction score
Update: uninstallation of TaskKiller light has fixed my freezing problem. Thank you both so much. I will thoroughly vet any new apps I had to my phone.

rmtjr07

Reaction score
similiar issue

Hi, my issue is very similiar to the author's, except my phone just reboots, it happens about 3 times a day, at no apparent time. I don't run a task killer, I do use memory booster pro, supposedly a ram booster, it does make my phone fast and it's not to my knowledge killing apps, so I was wondering if any of you could tell me something to try? again i have a droid 2 like the author.