Tech for Spring Break and Summer Parties

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Warning: NFSW (one quick second contains a foul word)
For those wanting a different look I post the ammo case radio. This will set you back quite a bit though, expect to pay just south of a grand for this radio. There is a cheaper option where you can grab it for about $500. But if you have it to blow it is definitely the device that makes you the standout of the group.
Brilliant! A box that's ready to go as a speaker cabinet, and provides easy access to the interior for repairs. The gauge of steel that box is made of will be very thick making it low resonating and makes for a good speaker cabinet. The interior insulation is done very nicely, and the external antenna makes it even cooler.

I'd one to see a pair of these made with individual woofer and midrange and tweeter drivers that can pair as a stereo and go with larger woofer drivers to really get the bass response.

I want one (or two), of these.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have a few 30 and 50 ammo cans. I should get a couple water proof speakers and make one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'll buy two.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Not to break up the party on the ammo box speaker...but... :)

I really like my Sonos 3 for backyard barbecues (also great for other home entertainment). I just gotta plug it in to a power outlet (have a couple on the back of the house) and let it play. The Sonos series connects to your wifi network and will tap into any music service you have, or even any music you have stored on your devices (PC, phone). Can be controlled with any smartphone.

The downside to Sonos is the price tag. A Sonos 1 is about $200, I think. The Sonos 3 is $300 and a Sonos 5 is $500. And you do need one of their bridges for the device to interface with your network and those run $50. You can have multiple Sonos devices within your network though on one bridge.

They're also not particularly mobile so it's not like you can pick it up and take it with you anywhere, but for a home entertainment system, they're quite nice.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score