Teach me about Syncing. I searched.

hydro556

Reaction score
First off, I wish I had a manual. Am going to look online, surely there is something.

Now my question. The more I mess with my Droid, the more I realize how little I know about the capabilities of this thing. Amazing.

I keep hearing about Sync'ing this and Sync'ing that. I am pretty sure that this is a powerful tool, but I dont understand how to utilize it.

For instance, I buy, sell and trade a lot of stuff online and this requires my taking pictures, uploading them to a host and then posting on a website(tedious process).

Well, today, just messing around with the phone, I took a picture and then clicked on "Share". One of the share options was Picasa. I have never messed with it, but apparently it is tied in with Gmail and automatically set up a Picasa account for me when I set up my Gmail for the Droid.

This seems like it could be very useful, but after I apparently "shared" the picture to my new found Picasa account, I couldnt find the picture when I went to Picasa.

I imagine that there is some way I can can use the Droid to quickly snap a picture and have it posted in a thread in no time. And I think it involves "syncing", but I dont understand. Can someone point me out a way for me to learn how to utilize this?

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I got the manual printed out. I am going to try and get informed. I think there is some awesome ability here, just need to tap into it.

My next project is trying to hook my Droid into my wireless network. The phone indicates it is on, but I cant access the web through it. ??

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about Sync'ing this and Sync'ing that. I am pretty sure that this is a powerful tool, but I dont understand how to utilize it.
It really depends on the specific type of syncing that you're talking about. IIRC some stuff should automatically sync with your Google account. Other types of sync may require additional software and/or configuration. It's really too broad a question.

That said, I can't unfortunately answer your photo syncing question as it's not a need or area of interest that I've run across.

My next project is trying to hook my Droid into my wireless network. The phone indicates it is on, but I cant access the web through it. ??
Have you gone to Settings->Wireless Networks->W-iFi Settings->Add Wi-Fi Network? Nothing regarding wireless network selection or settings was mentioned in your post.

Last edited: