Installed 2.1, Still No Picasa In my Gallery

jlukes

Reaction score
and yes, I do have a Picasa web albums account through gmail, but when I got into settings, account sync, and click my gmail accound, it doesn't give me a Picasa option.

Any thoughts? I've tried uploading a picture to picasa through the browser to force some sort of sync, but that didn't work

papy72

Reaction score
Do you get the new gallery look when you open it?

The first time I opened the gallery it didn't show me any Picasa albums. Since I was playing with different things I didn't think much about it.

However a couple of minutes later I noticed the sync icon in my notification bar and sure enough, the albums showed up. So maybe you have to actually open the app for it to notice you have Picasa?

OP
J

jlukes

Reaction score
Yup, been in and out of the gallery several times. Even uploaded a gallery image to picasa web albums.

papy72

Reaction score
You uploaded to Picasa but it won't show Picasa albums? Wow that's weird. Sorry I can't be more helpful...

papy72

Reaction score
Go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync settings then look under your gmail account and see if it lists Sync Picasa Web Albums and if its checked.
He did that already (see the OP). The entire option is missing.

bdbraaten

Reaction score
Go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync settings then look under your gmail account and see if it lists Sync Picasa Web Albums and if its checked.
He did that already (see the OP). The entire option is missing.

I read it to fast, my apologies.

Only other thought would be did you re-check after uploading a picture? I seem to remember the option not showing up until after I'd uploaded a picture when I had the gallery installed on 2.0.1 but I could be wrong about that.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I seem to remember the option not showing up until after I'd uploaded a picture when I had the gallery installed on 2.0.1 but I could be wrong about that.

I still had the install file for the gallery when I also had it installed with 2.0.1. I uninstalled in in anticipation of 2.1. i do remember having picasa before. Now when trying to install the galley app that was for 2.0.1 from astro it says already installed and when trying to unistall it says cannot uninstall.

UPDATE: I did check the sync settings and Picasa is an option, It was just unchecked. I remember why I unchecked it (too many albums on picasa).

Last edited:

diverbelow

Reaction score
and yes, I do have a Picasa web albums account through gmail, but when I got into settings, account sync, and click my gmail accound, it doesn't give me a Picasa option.

Any thoughts? I've tried uploading a picture to picasa through the browser to force some sort of sync, but that didn't work

I may not have a Picasa account, but I did go in to the 2.1 gallery on my Droid, and selected a picture, selected share and Picasa was in there. I selected Picasa and gave an option to sign in.

Hope this helps.

chudilo

Reaction score
This may be a problem if you had the new gallery app from before the update.
See if you can uninstall it and reinstall it.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I even uploaded a new photo to my Picasa album just to see if it would find it that way. Still nothing....

And I didn't have the new gallery app before the update.

Purist

Reaction score
Same as above, no Picasa option. Where the hell is it? To be fair, I didn't wait for the OTA version.