how to SYNC picasa ? THIS IS HOW!!

RoNYC

Reaction score
Hi
I do not have a picasa account, manually updated to 2.1 and the option to sync to picasa is there. Select a pic from the gallery and 3 options should appear: share, delete, more. Select share and 6 options appear on of which is picasa. Hope this helps.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think I know what the problem may be. All of us that don't have the sync option...is the main email account associated with the picasa account a non-gmail address? I'm guessing this will be the case. I'm going to create a new picasa account with my gmail address as the main address, and then see if the sync option to show up. Has anyone else tried this yet?

If this really is the case, you could probably just change your main address on your current account. Would you please try and let me know if that works? It may take a little while to take effect.

If that doesn't work, create a new account as you suggested...?

Let us know what you find out.

sdouglashceng

Reaction score
I think I know what the problem may be. All of us that don't have the sync option...is the main email account associated with the picasa account a non-gmail address? I'm guessing this will be the case. I'm going to create a new picasa account with my gmail address as the main address, and then see if the sync option to show up. Has anyone else tried this yet?

If this really is the case, you could probably just change your main address on your current account. Would you please try and let me know if that works? It may take a little while to take effect.

Nope...tried that. You cannot change your main email address with your picasa account. At least, I havent found a way to yet. If I'm wrong and you CAN change your email account, please let me know how! I'm not looking forward to downloading the hundreds of pics onto a new picasa account!

MarkB

Reaction score
I don't see the Picasa sync option anywhere. My picasa is associated with my gmail address, I've uploaded a photo from my phone's gallery to Picasa and it shows up on my desktop properly. I checked sync accounts in settings, not showing there, I see no option in the gallery itself.

I think the gallery isn't working quite right in general, at least on my manually updated 2.1 Droid. Opening the gallery shows the pictures I've stored on the camera, I uploaded a couple from my PC to my phone, plus it shows the camera folder. But there's another category under those that says "small", and there's no icon or image above the word "small". If I click that, I get a series of empty frames - like when I pick the camera category, there are little thumbnails of the photos in the folder. If I pick "small", I get empty thumbnails. Touching one gets the camera to try to open a full size photo for a few seconds, then the screen goes dark.

Anyone else seeing anything like that? I'm thinking that maybe the manual installation wasn't QUITE right in some way. Any way to reinstall the gallery app?

plongson

Reaction score
I did the factory reset yesterday and all is good. Got PICASA and Google EARTH from the market.
My DROID runs FLAWLESS now. Just a little bump in the road.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Nope...tried that. You cannot change your main email address with your picasa account. At least, I havent found a way to yet. If I'm wrong and you CAN change your email account, please let me know how! I'm not looking forward to downloading the hundreds of pics onto a new picasa account!
I'm at work for another 3 hours. Ill give it a look this evening. If you can't change the main email, I'm wondering if you could view albums on your droid that are shared with you. Ie, create a new account and share your albums from the original with that one...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't see the Picasa sync option anywhere. My picasa is associated with my gmail address, I've uploaded a photo from my phone's gallery to Picasa and it shows up on my desktop properly. I checked sync accounts in settings, not showing there, I see no option in the gallery itself.

I think the gallery isn't working quite right in general, at least on my manually updated 2.1 Droid. Opening the gallery shows the pictures I've stored on the camera, I uploaded a couple from my PC to my phone, plus it shows the camera folder. But there's another category under those that says "small", and there's no icon or image above the word "small". If I click that, I get a series of empty frames - like when I pick the camera category, there are little thumbnails of the photos in the folder. If I pick "small", I get empty thumbnails. Touching one gets the camera to try to open a full size photo for a few seconds, then the screen goes dark.

Anyone else seeing anything like that? I'm thinking that maybe the manual installation wasn't QUITE right in some way. Any way to reinstall the gallery app?

I'm wondering what, if anything is different about the process of manual install vs the auto install of the ota. I took the ota and the only issue i had with the galley is that it found a bunch of icons that I'd downloaded as part of some themes from when i was rooted...