Picasa sync to droid

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
I am pretty new to all of this and just did a search but everything I found came back with pic's taken on the Droid syncing with the web version of Picasa. I created an album and uploaded pictures off my laptop and expected to see them on the Droid. Is this not a function of the new gallery?

warrior21

Reaction score
Go to settings>accounts&sync>google account and check the sync picasa box. I didn't have the option at first and had to do a factory reset for it to appear but that wasn't the case with a lot of other people on here

OP
D

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Thanks all I have under that is to sync with gmail. I will do a search on how to do a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

OP
D

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Warrior thanks again, I did a factory reset and the phone is syncing now. Hopefully Picasa will be there. Also I did another search and found threads with my problem also. I don't know why I didn't find them before.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warrior thanks again, I did a factory reset and the phone is syncing now. Hopefully Picasa will be there. Also I did another search and found threads with my problem also. I don't know why I didn't find them before.

Also your Picasa Account needs to use the same user id and password as your gmail account to sync. In other words both are under them same google account.

warrior21

Reaction score
Under accounts&sync if you click on your email account there should be four options. Make sure they are all checked off. They should be contacts,gmail,picasa and calendar.

OP
D

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Thanks again gang....It's all there and all my images I uploaded to Picasa are on the phone. That being said, they look pretty bad. I assume that they have not downloaded the full resolution yet. When I look at them I can see the icon spining like it is downloading more info. Will they all eventually download the full resolution and stay on the phone? It is taking a long time to get them.

Also noticed that I now have Google Earth in the Market Place.

warrior21

Reaction score
When you click on them they look fuzzy for a few seconds and then they clear up. You just have to give it a few seconds to finish syncing.

jnd121

Reaction score
Under accounts&sync if you click on your email account there should be four options. Make sure they are all checked off. They should be contacts,gmail,picasa and calendar.

I don't have the Picasa option, even after a factory reset. Do I have to upload a picture to picasaweb.google.com first?

GO YANKEES!

warrior21

Reaction score

I don't have the Picasa option, even after a factory reset. Do I have to upload a picture to picasaweb.google.com first?

GO YANKEES!
I wish I had an answer on how to fix this. When I did a factory reset on my phone picasa showed up automatically and once I checked the sync box everthing worked perfectly. I did the factory reset on my wifes droid and she still doesn't have the sync option either. Tried everything from uploading photos to checking settings on the picasa site with no results. I'm not sure why it works on certain phones and not on others.