Tbolt vs Vigor

gmorano

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have an upgrade next week and was planning on waiting for the HTC vigor whenever that comes out, but I just want to get a new phone and I feel like the Tbolt isn't that far behind the vigor anyway besides the 1.5ghz..anybody have any reasons I should or shouldn't wait? What problems do you have with your tbolt?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

Bullfrog2099

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is a great phone but
compared to vigor it lacks dual core, gpu, and will have less ram and lower screen resolution. It's a no brainer my friend, wait and see what the Vigor has to offer. It's just around the corner.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DROID11

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is a great phone but
compared to vigor it lacks dual core, gpu, and will have less ram and lower screen resolution. It's a no brainer my friend, wait and see what the Vigor has to offer. It's just around the corner.

+1. I love my tbolt, but would jump at the chance to get a vigor. Dual core is legit on gigerbread, and with ics around the corner its going to be amazing. The vigor will have potential to be the best phone of the year IMO.

OP
G

gmorano

Reaction score
+1. I love my tbolt, but would jump at the chance to get a vigor. Dual core is legit on gigerbread, and with ics around the corner its going to be amazing. The vigor will have potential to be the best phone of the year IMO.

I would definitely wait for the vigor, the only problem is that i'm using an Eris which is barely functional and in desperate need of an upgrade. The vigor sounds like a dream phone but i just don't like how there's not even a rumored release date for it. what do you think would be the best thing to do? maybe get a tbolt and buy a vigor later on craigslist to activate it? I NEED HELP haha

DROID11

Reaction score
I would definitely wait for the vigor, the only problem is that i'm using an Eris which is barely functional and in desperate need of an upgrade. The vigor sounds like a dream phone but i just don't like how there's not even a rumored release date for it. what do you think would be the best thing to do? maybe get a tbolt and buy a vigor later on craigslist to activate it? I NEED HELP haha

Buy a tbolt or even an incredible on Craigslist to tide you over. I've seen the Thunderbold (in Columbus, Ohio) selling for $200 or less on Craigslist. That way you could keep your upgrade, and sell the tbolt to pay for your vigor.

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yep, used phone to hold you over is the best option. Anything with 512mb of ram and a gig processor will rock for now.

RedSectorA

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread. The Thunderbolt does everything I need it to do. I guess dual core could make apps launch slightly faster but honestly I don't see the big deal right now with dual core unless you need to play the most graphically intense games. Maybe someone can show us how a dual core will have actual impact on anything else. No games I have lag, no videos lag, no programs lag...so...? It's nice from a future-proof aspect since I'm sure some programs coming out in the future will either need dual core or be almost unusable without dual core. But right now I don't see many phone apps or games that NEED dual core to work and work well. You won't be disappointed with the Thunderbolt. And if you need a new phone then I don't think you'd regret buying it. But if you can wait I would also recommend you do hold off and at least check out the Vigor or even the Bionic and see if you like them better as an overall package (besides the cpu it will also have a higher rez screen and probably other enhancements). Also something to take into account is that the Thunderbolt has already gone through it's teething troubles and is a fantastic phone for most people. For me there are zero bugs, no reboots, no bsods, no freezes. These new phones will almost definitely have some problems when they're released. Maybe they won't be serious but then again maybe they will. If you can wait I'd do that and see how things shake out.

Klaista2k

Reaction score
How good is the vigor gonna sound with the beats technology?

Is it gonna come with expenside headphones too??

MrKleen

Reaction score
No problems with my Bolt and its a great phone! Certainly worth getting.

That said if you can wait.... I'd wait. It's always nice to be at the top for at least a while.

chukeee

Reaction score
Why even get another phone to tide u over? If the phone u got now is still able to place calls keep it till the phone u want comes out. Don't fall for the erge to get something new. They pretty much no different from what u got now. Save your money till the phone u want comes out.

OP
G

gmorano

Reaction score
Alright guys, i got a pretty good deal and got a droid incredible 2 brand new for $200 off craigslist so i can save my upgrade..i'm probably gonna keep that for a while cause i like it alot but it also gives me time to use the new phones coming out instead of buying them first day and taking the risk of any problems they come with. good move?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Alright guys, i got a pretty good deal and got a droid incredible 2 brand new for $200 off craigslist so i can save my upgrade..i'm probably gonna keep that for a while cause i like it alot but it also gives me time to use the new phones coming out instead of buying them first day and taking the risk of any problems they come with. good move?

I would have done it! That phone should be pretty easy to mod as well. Have fun!

DROID11

Reaction score
That was definitely a good move. The incredible 2 is an awesome phone and 200 is a steal for it without a contract! good find

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt