TBolt contract terms

Big Ry

Reaction score
Can you new TBolt owners do me a favor and see if it states anywhere in the contract about unlimited 4G only being temporary. If theres some kind of clause about switching to tiered data mid-summer, I may wait for another device.

shortsxit

Reaction score
Data is a feature; it has nothing to do with the contract. They don't have to grandfather and we don't have to keep it.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I know it's a feature, but I thought it was still explained in the contract. Doesn't VZW require data if you own a smartphone? I thought that was one of the big differences between AT&T and VZW. I know the former doesn't have any data requirements aside from the iPhone.

Even if it has nothing to do with the contract, is there any mention of tiered data or unlimited data changing?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
i dont quite understand the question... if u buy the phone before they start charging for 4g or do tiered 4g.. then u dont have to pay for it only if u change your contract so make sure u got it set up right min wise and so on!

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
And you know this how? If its not in a contract (which we now know its not), they can do whatever they want...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And you know this how? If its not in a contract (which we now know its not), they can do whatever they want...
Big Ry, you are over thinking this....

If you get the TB and add it to your current plan with the unlimited data, you will be "grandfathered" in if the data tiered pricing takes effect. As soon as the tiered data pricing starts, if you upgrade your equipment the next time, then you will be forced into a tiered data plan. If you get the TB you will be fine. How do I know this? I worked for VZW in a call center for several years and still have VZW friends who confirmed this for me.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score

If you get the TB and add it to your current plan with the unlimited data, you will be "grandfathered" in if the data tiered pricing takes effect. As soon as the tiered data pricing starts, if you upgrade your equipment the next time, then you will be forced into a tiered data plan. If you get the TB you will be fine. How do I know this? I worked for VZW in a call center for several years and still have VZW friends who confirmed this for me.
Ok, well thank you for providing some credible information. I am certainly familiar with the term "grandfathering"; I was a salesman for AT&T. But there has never been any guarantee that I've seen that the company will continue to grandfather. In fact, there was even some issues with the AT&T/Cingular merger that forced old AT&T users to change their plan. And with all the talk about tiered data lately, this issue has come up on a number of occasions. If I had to put money on it, I'd have guessed there was probably like a 98% chance that they'd grandfather, but I just wanted to make sure there was nothing in ink. It'd be foolish to hop on this deal without at least checking first.

kparks

Reaction score

yea srry i cant explane it better but if u have unlimited data they cant be like hey its may now so ur on teired data now and they also cant make u pay for it...... now after your 2 years im not really sure how it works srry i cant be of more help

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score

yea srry i cant explane it better but if u have unlimited data they cant be like hey its may now so ur on teired data now and they also cant make u pay for it
Well my credit card company cant change the terms of the interest rate without telling me...thats why i get notices in the mail ever once in a while that says the terms have changed and i can opt in or opt out. VZW could easily do the same. Theres nothing legally wrong with them sending a notice to the customers that says "We've changed the 4G data plans; switch or drop data".

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

yea srry i cant explane it better but if u have unlimited data they cant be like hey its may now so ur on teired data now and they also cant make u pay for it
Well my credit card company cant change the terms of the interest rate without telling me...thats why i get notices in the mail ever once in a while that says the terms have changed and i can opt in or opt out. VZW could easily do the same. Theres nothing legally wrong with them sending a notice to the customers that says "We've changed the 4G data plans; switch or drop data".
Again, I think you're overthinking this whole thing. VZW would be sending a get out of jail free card if they ended the grandfathering and forced you into a tiered data plan. Could they do it, sure, is it likely, no. When I worked in a VZW call center, there was a 50 text message plan (out of network) and unlimited IN text messaging for $5. Whenever someone went to a Family Share Select plan, they were saying goodbye to that excellent text feature. But, VZW did not force them out of that text plan. That's the only example I can think of right now, but don't not get another data phone because you're sweating it out if you'll lose unlimited data. Relax and go to sleep at night and dream of things other than if VZW is going to force you to tiered data.

kparks

Reaction score
Again, I think you're overthinking this whole thing. VZW would be sending a get out of jail free card if they ended the grandfathering and forced you into a tiered data plan. Could they do it, sure, is it likely, no. When I worked in a VZW call center, there was a 50 text message plan (out of network) and unlimited IN text messaging for $5. Whenever someone went to a Family Share Select plan, they were saying goodbye to that excellent text feature. But, VZW did not force them out of that text plan. That's the only example I can think of right now, but don't not get another data phone because you're sweating it out if you'll lose unlimited data. Relax and go to sleep at night and dream of things other than if VZW is going to force you to tiered data.
LOL i think of the ppl with the TB as beta testers cuz well thats what they are.. verizon will get plenty of money come the new pricing structure no need to piss ppl off and have ppl switch carriers over 10 bucks a month or tiered data.. well thats how i c it anyway

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
on any given day, i spend about 16 hours with school work and research. then i spend about 4 hours researching android related stuff. the remaining 4 hours are for eating, sleeping, and pooping. obviously i got a problem here; i cant not think about it! dancedroid

i pretty much assumed VZW wouldnt be cruel like that, but like i said, i wanted to investigate it. thanks.

MadScientist

Reaction score
Per a sales associate and the manager at my corporate store the 4G will not change through the contract. Additionally they confirmed that as long as you didn't change the data plan you would be grandfathers when getting a new subsidized phone as well. I know its not the same as in writing but a guy can hope in trust and a man's word right ? By the way this was after I had already gotten the phone so they didn't have anything to gain by telling me this.

Sent from my Thunderbolt