TBH's 3G hotspot hack

bishoy

Reaction score
ok im running liberty 2.0.1

i installed the 3G mobile hotspot app, then i ran the hack from the recovery, and it doesnt work. everything connects just fine but i still get the vzw website that tells me that i need to subscribe to the service. am i doing something wrong?

i got the .zip from TBH's app. its called "Motorola 3G Hotspot app (DROID2)" in the TBH app.... and i looked for one that says hotspot hack or something like that but this is the only one that mentions 3G hotspot.

javipoo

Reaction score
ok im running liberty 2.0.1

i installed the 3G mobile hotspot app, then i ran the hack from the recovery, and it doesnt work. everything connects just fine but i still get the vzw website that tells me that i need to subscribe to the service. am i doing something wrong?

i got the .zip from TBH's app. its called "Motorola 3G Hotspot app (DROID2)" in the TBH app.... and i looked for one that says hotspot hack or something like that but this is the only one that mentions 3G hotspot.

Try...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/161734-guide-tbh-inspired-free-wireless-tethering-hack-instructions-droid-3-a.html

M
ay help. Running liberty? Is that Froyo or Gingy? you'll have to remind me. If it's froyo you can go into the rom manager and go to stock apps and download the app for it.
hope this helps

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Just go to the app store and get Wireless Tether, I just checked and it is still available.

chris215

Reaction score
Once I updated to OTA GB & rerooted, I unzipped TBH's original 3g patch, which I had saved on my sd. It has worked fine for me. The original posted patch was removed from TBH's site though. I looked prior to realizing I still had it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

javipoo

Reaction score
Once I updated to OTA GB & rerooted, I unzipped TBH's original 3g patch, which I had saved on my sd. It has worked fine for me. The original posted patch was removed from TBH's site though. I looked prior to realizing I still had it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

This works for me too. I did radiocomm for droid 3, which I feel safer using.

Anyone know if it's safe to use the patch? or rather, safer?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You may want to remove some additional files or disable them by adding bak extension to the file name. Check out this thread here:
WugPacked GB Tether

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Wug, will your tether patch work on the D?

Sent from my DROID3

I honestly don't know. It's just TBH patch with some extra steps to take care of data tracking on GB. Team Black Hat should know if their patch works on the og droid. If it does, the one I packaged should. Maybe check mydroidworld.. Or just try it and see if it works.

{{ WugFresh }}