TB Oopsy

Kickbut101

Reaction score
Okay I was monkeying around with stuff in TB on my rooted D3 (Yeah I know really dumb idea). And on the "System Settings" app in TB I "converted to user app" whatever that means, the process failed and fc'd TB and then I tried to reopen TB and find it again to convert it back and thats when it disappeared. Then like the moron I am I went to reboot my phone and now its in a continuous boot loop from the "Droid" Symbol to the red eye and then back again.
Any help? Can I just grab some files somewhere and overwrite and all will be well again or do I have to recover completely?

Thanks!

Darksthour

Reaction score
seems like you messed around with an app ya shouldn't have. What app exactly did you convert to a user app (I think means move from /system/app to /data/app folder.) A lot of things blur uses and if you move them around your phone just keeps looking for it to load but it's not there so it gets confused. Seems like at this point you are going to have to flash the SBF from the xda forums to stop the bootloop. However ya most likely can't get the OTA update now... or any update for that matter. I definitely am not an expert but it seems if you aren't sure what "convert to user app" is on your phone that is locked down just leave it alone. A good rule of thumb is a locked down stock phone is better than a $600 paper weight.

OP
Kickbut101

Kickbut101

Reaction score
sorry TB=Titanium Backup
and if the leak is out I will find it and I can presumably just recover with that no? it'd be no different than me going to "upgrade" the firmware right?

Mugen

Reaction score
Hmm not sure, i screwed around earlier on my phone and i was in the same position youre in. All is fixed now, rooted and leaked ota again smooth and easy. But i did have to wipe my phone though using the method to install the OTA leak. But instead of installing it. I just wiped the phone and started over and continued to update the OTA then root it over.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Mugen

Reaction score
yeah every things okay now I just went through the recovery process posted here [Recovery] RSD v5.5.0 and 5.5.184 (aka 5.6.890) fastboot partitions/flashable zip - xda-developers but I had to wipe and lose everything, btw, where did you find that leaked OTA? and how do you install it? just through the "update" process within the bootloader?

Yes get the leaked OTA download it and save it on the root of your sd card go into boot when u turn off your phone and hit recovery, then choose the 'install update from sd' or something like that and youre all set.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums