Task Killers

Tammy22

Reaction score
Is thete a task killer that will actually kill tasks and leave them killed? Every one I've tried will kill but they start back up within minutes.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Uninstall the program or read the hundreds of threads about task killers.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Uninstall the program or read the hundreds of threads about task killers.
Basically this... apps that restart themselves are doing that either by design or because they are "misbehaved", either way the answer is usually remove the offender. Remember that many apps run in the background legitimately, such as eBay, weather, widgets, Gmail, Calendar, Talk, to monitor accounts, notifications, and all sorts of other legitimate stuff.

flamewalker

Reaction score
I've also read that Android attempts to keep the memory full of common use apps to save time and power of loading them all from scratch... So killing tasks, either they are intended to keep running or are misbehaving like the last post said, or the OS is reloading them into memory. You are basically causing the OS to work harder than necessary, draining your battery more.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
^Correct. Stay away from task killers for the most part.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
The general consensus is to scrap task killers, they just make apps try to recycle themselves to the top of the food chain.

And welcome to the forum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Droid Forums

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Task killer? I wasn't aware there was a froyo rom available for the Rezound :)

Reaction score
I can speak from experiance. Was having tons of issues with my rezound. Bad battery drain, totally mis behaving in general. I had to factory reset and stopped using my task killer and battery life has improved substantially.