Autokill task killer or regular?

mersh21

Reaction score
I know this is more of an opinion question but what do you think is better....a task killer with auto kill or a manual task killer? I use advanced task manager right now.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about neither???

Neither one of those are healthy for your Droid.....

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know this is more of an opinion question but what do you think is better....a task killer with auto kill or a manual task killer? I use advanced task manager right now.

Advanced Task Manager does both. One isn't better than the other really, it's just a personal preference. Most people don't even use a task killer.

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
I had alot of people tell me that when i had my eris that we don't need task killers....so i guess the same goes for the droid? What makes them unhealthy?

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
I don't think you're being mean dude.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're being mean dude.

Well, I didn't wanna come off like a smarta$$ which its easy to accidently do sometimes.....

But task killers have just seemed to be the direct cause of a significant amount of people's Droid's acting all screwy....

Also antivirus apps have been known to be just as bad

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
Yeah i won't install an antivirus app. The friggin' guys at vzw stores try and push the task killers on you. I don't use mine all the time but it's weird cause sometimes it shows apps on the list that i haven't even opened.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know, the system does run some apps outta no where that you never opened or may not have even touched actually....but just let the system do its thing ya know...this is what it was built for....

And yeah the VZW reps don't know what their talking about half the time honestly......I promise you that you will find more accurate information in this forum than you will at the actual VZW store.....

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI, most people use Atro File manager and don't realize it has a task killer (and a fairly good one) built into it. So....

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
fyi, most people use atro file manager and don't realize it has a task killer (and a fairly good one) built into it. So....

yeah you're right...i love astro. I'm gonna keep my task killer installed and not use it for a little while and see how things run. I love this forum...u guys are awesome.

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
i know, the system does run some apps outta no where that you never opened or may not have even touched actually....but just let the system do its thing ya know...this is what it was built for....

And yeah the vzw reps don't know what their talking about half the time honestly......i promise you that you will find more accurate information in this forum than you will at the actual vzw store.....

oh i know i will find better info in the forums.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO, Task killers are not needed. But if you are going to keep a task killer, don't let it run in 'auto'. Letting the task killer run in the background will ultimately cause issues with your phone. You'll run into conflicts with the task killer shutting down things it shouldn't.

If you choose to keep it, use it manually only.

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
imo, task killers are not needed. But if you are going to keep a task killer, don't let it run in 'auto'. Letting the task killer run in the background will ultimately cause issues with your phone. You'll run into conflicts with the task killer shutting down things it shouldn't.

If you choose to keep it, use it manually only.

that's how i have it is only as a manual kill. I'm gonna keep the app for a bit and not even use it and see how the phone is. I'm sure i'll end up deleting it. I don't trust autokill but i wanted to see what you guys had to say first. Thank you.

Btw....love your avatar....i miss the whalers.

OP
M

mersh21

Reaction score
Does anyone know why when I kill GTalk it stops my GMail notifications from coming thru?