Task killer not working right on 2.2

droiddoesitright

Reaction score
Just rooted to the new cyanogen mod last night, im running 2.2. For whatever reason no matter which task killer i use it will not completely kill the apps like it did on the 2.1. For example, espn, or facebook, when i kill it and reopen it, its at the same spot in the app before i killed it, before it would completely close out of the app. Whats even more annoying is i can not kill my music player, or pandora. Anyone else seeing this?

meekless

Reaction score
dont mean to answer with something you will likely not want to hear....BUT

get rid of the task killer!
the Android system doesnt need it, it has a built in ability to allocate processes and kill if necessary all on its own!
the OS was designed to multi-task, this is why its so much better than the i-phone

the one thing people dont think about is that task killer you want to run is running in the back ground, and taking up system resources, including your battery.

i had one from day 1, read the tech background of the OS in this forum and uninstalled it several months ago. i have never had an issue and will never use a task killer app again.

Reaction score
^ what he said

its been proven that letting the system do its own thing saves more battery then using a task killer to close everything. The only need for a task killer is to close an app acting funky. But then again, android has a built in task manager in the settings for that

theresa615

Reaction score
ummmm just came across this, I got my Droid X this morning and the 1st thing the rep did was install a task killer she told me it will help with battery life, I did notice my battery did die fast???? now what

meekless

Reaction score
get rid of the task killer, trust me

i tried one before root and after root, it isnt needed they are a waste

Reaction score
I don't understand how can a task killer be such a power hog?
When I check the battery use it shows that the task killer uses only 2% while the
display uses 60%. If you don't use a task killer how do you close all those app's running
in the background? Plus my battery use is great, 20 hours until shutdown with heavy use,
phone calls, constant email downloads, rss feeds, and GPS on, etc.

Last edited:

Appleanche

Reaction score
Having a task killer around isn't a horrible thing for a runaway app or something, just don't have it set on auto run, just make it a shortcut, close it when you're finished.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
There is an excellent free app called autokiller. It isn't a taskiller. I adjusts the settings of the native taskiller, making them more aggressive. I still have a taskiller, but I raely use it. I have tons of ram free all the time even with a lot of apps running in the background. Check out my sig for proof.

AUTOKILLER! Its free. GET IT. Try various presets and find the one you like. Get Sysmonitor, also free, to keep tabs of your ram in the notification bar. Its in the top left of my sig.

ezbaiby

Reaction score
Just rooted to the new cyanogen mod last night, im running 2.2. For whatever reason no matter which task killer i use it will not completely kill the apps like it did on the 2.1. For example, espn, or facebook, when i kill it and reopen it, its at the same spot in the app before i killed it, before it would completely close out of the app. Whats even more annoying is i can not kill my music player, or pandora. Anyone else seeing this?
Yeah I have this issue as well. I don't even use the task killer to free up RAM; I mostly use it to kill the browser so it will go back to my homepage (engadget) which I feel is quicker than going to my bookmarks. Now, this doesn't work anymore. Is this because the leaked 2.2 is not 100% fina or do I need to find a new way to get my tech news fastest?