App to kill pre-defined list of tasks?

syntax53

Reaction score
Is there a task-killer app that has the ability to specify a pre-defined list of tasks to kill? What I mean is instead of most apps where you kill everything instead of those you specifically ignore, I'd like to make a list comprised of things like the browser, news reader, media player, couple games, etc that I know I want to kill the process. So at the click of a button I know they are all closed without worrying about killing tasks that could be beneficial.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes there are task killers like this...I know one for sure but I swear I cannot remember its name....I'm sorry. But you could check off what apps that you specifically wanted killed and have the manager kill them every single time you turn the screen off....

But...task killers are not necessary anyway, but to each his own lol :)

toddegreene

Reaction score
Task Panel, has auto-kill and ignore lists. That said, +1 to nate's second paragraph.

OP
syntax53

syntax53

Reaction score
There are certain apps that I know are still using resources for a period of time when you "home" or "back" out of them and they have no actual close option. Those are the ones I want to kill.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Task Panel is what I have installed,but I don't think it's a good idea to use the feature that auto kills certain programs. Droid on it's own is capable of doing that and some thing that when you have a program that interferes with this it will slow your Droid down.

I would suggest killing the troublesome tasks one at a time. If they keep coming back for no apparent reason, then just don't worry about it.

OP
syntax53

syntax53

Reaction score
Killing tasks automatically and blindly is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I want to make a list of "target apps" ... sort of the opposite of the "ignored apps" that most task killers have. It's annoying going into the task killer and hunting down the 1 or 2 things I want to kill every time. That's why I want to be able to make a list of just those few apps that I could quickly kill.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ONLY applications that I worry about killing, is the ones in the Running Applications menu within Settings.....and I still don't even kill all of those

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, how about you people just answer the question instead of inserting your useless opinions. I've been in computers for 10 years and do this **** for a living. When I close an app and then go back into it 5 minutes later and see it's still doing animation and **** from where I left it then I know it's still using resources. end of story. Say something worthwhile or shut up. thanks

:rofl3:... if you're that knowledgeable Mr. Wizard write your own... and 10 years isn't sh!* in IT and just because someone does "**** for a living" doesn't mean they know a) what they're doing or b) what is going on in the background of a system... Drop the attitude and take a while to learn the system. Or go join AllDroid, you'll fit right in:icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, how about you people just answer the question instead of inserting your useless opinions. I've been in computers for 10 years and do this **** for a living. When I close an app and then go back into it 5 minutes later and see it's still doing animation and **** from where I left it then I know it's still using resources. end of story. Say something worthwhile or shut up. thanks
Do you work with Linux? Task killers aren't needed. This topic has been talked to death. Your opinion won't change it.

dbmorris

Reaction score
Have to agree with him. I know very little about the inner workings of Linux and have seen all this about how it doesn't matter but I know on mine if I don't kill apps from time to time it starts to bog down big time, my brother said the same thing about his.

Still killn here, works for me, your mileage may vary. I use Advanced Task Killer Free.

Danny

dylanthecat

Reaction score
PETA is going to hear about this if you don't stop talking about it and move to ban all task killers.

(People for the Ethical Treatment of Apps)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
PETA is going to hear about this if you don't stop talking about it and move to ban all task killers.

(People for the Ethical Treatment of Apps)

I thought it meant: People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!!!!! YUM!!:icon_ devil: but then I'm in the South:icon_ banana: