Task killer for razr maxx

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
Wife and I had had maxxs' little over two weeks now and I just noticed it has a task manager (must didn't read manual well enough). Been using task killer app from previous D1. Would I be better off using the task manager installed or continue using the task killer app from the market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
Task Manager is better in my opinion! You can select apps that will automatically close when your display times out thus saving battery life because no apps are running in the background. It's safe because it comes pre- installed on the phone
It has worked wonders on my battery along with Smart Actions .

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Really using a task killer/manger does more harm then good ... but if you insist I'd say stick with stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
I disagree. No harm done on my phone at all by using Task Manager. It was installed on the phone for that purpose and it doesn't kill apps like task killers. Its closes the apps once your phone times out. No harm at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
Gunny Rob

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Ill uninstall task killer and set up installed task manager.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
I believe the issue was using the autokill feature of task managers, not if you kill them manually here and there.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
How on earth did I miss this built in Task Manager. I was also using an add on and although it has helped with battery life, it would occasionally require me to click multiple times to close an app that had been running in the backround. It seems to work great! Thanks for making the call out!

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Xfactorx316 said:
How on earth did I miss this built in Task Manager. I was also using an add on and although it has helped with battery life, it would occasionally require me to click multiple times to close an app that had been running in the backround. It seems to work great! Thanks for making the call out!

The stock task manager works far better than an app killer. The reason being is that its designed by moto, so it will never kill an app that is needed, which means it cuts down on force closes and slowing down functioning apps. Set everything to auto kill and 2 mins after your screen shuts off or is turned off, it will kill all of the apps.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I set mine up right after reading these posts earlier today and I must say it works like a champ!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
SCREWd2V said:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196027

Stick with stock. 3rd party task killers cause major problems for RAZRs! View thread link above.

Sent from my Fist, using your Face

Baahahaha.. still love that sig. It awesome. PS our conversation about cars has me lining up a Shelby GT KR super snake. I might just go KR though. Depends on what I can find.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Baahahaha.. still love that sig. It awesome. PS our conversation about cars has me lining up a Shelby GT KR super snake. I might just go KR though. Depends on what I can find.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Dooooooo it!!! Good to see ya too brotha

Sent from my Fist, using your Face

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
sliptooth said:
Anything that uninstalls ZumoService?