Target Deals - Too Good to be True?

thc1967

Reaction score
My wife is shopping for a new phone and she discovered some sweetheart deals at Target online (US). The deals fall into the range of "too good to be true" in my opinion.

Has anyone had any experience buying smartphones online from Target? Are these refurbs? What's the "catch"?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
they shouldnt be refurbished. like walmart they should be an authorized dealer. hope it works out for u both

megaman33

Reaction score
As long as it does not specify that it is refurbished then they should be new phones, double check the fine print though because there could be stipulations like you have to be approved for a Target gift card or junk like that which can go unnoticed until we reach the register. I used to get my Virgin Mobile phones from Target and never had any problems, with Wal-mart however you have to be careful with electronic purchases because they can get thrown around and have damage from shipment and still be on the shelves.

LarryPGH

Reaction score
My wife is shopping for a new phone and she discovered some sweetheart deals at Target online (US). The deals fall into the range of "too good to be true" in my opinion.

Just took a look over at the TargetMobileStore.com site. Their prices look to be the same as the ones offered at amazonwireless.com ...

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Hmm seems like pretty normal prices to me... *shrug*
Bout the same as any other retailer.
Maybe better than buying straight from Verizon I guess, but anything would be cheaper than buying from Verizon, right??

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Just took a look over at the TargetMobileStore.com site. Their prices look to be the same as the ones offered at amazonwireless.com ...

Got four bionics and four plans from amazon wireless in september and it was a GREAT deal (during their penny-for-a-bionic promotion).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LarryPGH

Reaction score
Got four bionics and four plans from amazon wireless in september and it was a GREAT deal (during their penny-for-a-bionic promotion).

New accounts or upgrades? They're still offering the Bionic for $0.01 for new accounts, but $50 for upgraded contracts.

Can't decide whether to pull the trigger on that one...