Talent Share (The DF Renaissance Thread)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This thread will be an interesting thread because it will likely tip toe on the line of inviting spam. The very nature of this thread will be technically spam. So to police it, if the person posting is not a member it will be treated as spam if we are not able to verify person vs spambot.

With that out of the way, I posted on another thread (Just do it!!!) the importance of going out and trying different things such as art, baking, photography, etc. And with doing that there may be a need of an audience, an initial customer base, or someone to bounce ideas off of. Who knows, I may meet someone on here who may be a talented wood worker and purchase some stocking stuffers.

The awesome thing about a forum is we have a lot of people from different walks of life and experience. Our very own @FoxKat continuously provide a wealth of information that backs up his knowledge of the tech industry.

So if you have some music, art, food, etc you want to share, share it. If you are trying to get an idea off of the ground, this is a place you may find some ideas. Myself I am working on a podcast idea and I have shared one clip with the staff. From there I was able to get information about where to get free (legal) software for sound editing as well as some good critiques.

Now if you are going to be a part of this thread be respectful of others. I can attest to how hard it can be to want to share content because the nerves it took to create it. Some will have more experience and may sound more calm than others. But in all feel free to offer constructive criticism while being respectful of the content.

To those sharing your content or ideas, understand that if you post your content here it will be subject to critiques. But without critiques you can not grow. Some critiques will be valid (ie use this mic vs that) and some may not be (ie a person who is singing a country song and I am asking them to put in more beats to make it more hip hop like). Regardless, please everyone let's be civil and maybe this thread can be what I envision; a renaissance of ideas that can be a benefit for all who participate.

To protect this thread from actually becoming a spam haven I ask that if you have a place where people can purchase your content please invite them to PM you for that information. By doing this it will make this thread easier to moderate.

Thank You and I look forward to reading, listening, or seeing your ideas.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thanks for the thread @pc747 ! I look forward to posting a link to my website to get some feedback. It's live now, but still under construction. I've discussed it with a few forum members (& in the backroom on the S3forums), in order to get some honest input, and that's been super helpful. Once I progress a little bit further I'll post the link here.
That said, anyone who's looking to start their own business, or simply looking for "services" such as artwork, writing services, video editing, website design and everything in between, check out the site www.fiverr.com . Members offer their services (you guess it, starting at 5 bucks) and prices go up from there. Now keep in mind, you get what you pay for, but if you want to pay a very reasonable price for a wide variety of services, this is an extremely useful site which I highly recommend. I used it to get some ideas for a tagline/slogan for my business name. The woman I hired offered some really good ones, and while I didn't use one that she provided, it helped me to decide on one by merging it with a suggestion one of the mods on the S3 forums provided. Great site, so check it out if you get a chance.

S5 tap'n

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This might get me motivated to start reviewing legos and action figures again. I've been really wanting to but need a new setup and life to get out of the way a little, which it is slowly but surely.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This might get me motivated to start reviewing legos and action figures again. I've been really wanting to but need a new setup and life to get out of the way a little, which it is slowly but surely.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
I'm learning to try and keep it a hobby. Bare minimum equipment for what I want as a set up. Now I did have to switch from a $15 best buy headphone to a $65 snow ball because the 15 dollar one had this weird popping noise.

I'm also around a lot of sound people where I'm at so I'll be picking their brains.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welp, I broke down & created a Facebook account. Oh the humanity! lol
But yeah, as much as I've tried to stay away over the years it's probably going to work against me now, since I didn't maintain those social media type relationships over the years. That said, I figured it was important that I go ahead & create one now in an effort to help grow my business by having a social media presence of some sort.
I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate it, but I'm getting there. It's also a way to promote my GoFundMe acct.
Anyways, If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's /DroneWolfMedia
Thanks guys!

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But yeah, as much as I've tried to stay away over the years it's probably going to work against me now, since I didn't maintain those social media type relationships over the years. That said, I figured it was important that I go ahead & create one now in an effort to help grow my business by having a social media presence of some sort.
I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate it, but I'm getting there. It's also a way to promote my GoFundMe acct.
Thanks guys!

S5 tap'n
I've Liked it on Facebook.
Can't wait for to see a drone with a 45 attached taking out watermelons

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thanks guys!

S5 tap'n
I feel that name has a lot of negativity towards it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not offended by the name, I like it. Anything with wolf in the name is cool by me. I have your website bookmarked.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm not offended by the name, I like it. Anything with wolf in the name is cool by me. I have your website bookmarked.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Sarcasm is not well received. I think it's time for me to delete my account.