Taking screenshots

speedbird2

Reaction score
I find it impossible to take good screenshots off the LG 3. I was told to press both the volume down and power buttons for a screenshot. The trouble is when pressing the volume down button, a box appears showing volume info which ruins all shots captured. Is there an alternate way to get shots off-screen? Thanks.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I believe you have to hit both buttons at exactly the same time. I don't know of any other way to take screenshots.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my G2 I got acclimated by putting my finger on both with no pressure then practicing putting pressure, making mental note of the sweet spot for my finger. After a few successes it began to become muscle memorized.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Sometimes if I press the volume down first, it will show the volume in my screen shot. However, as time has gone by, I got better at pressing both buttons simultaneously. This started with the G2 and they've continued it to the G3. On the G2, it was easier since the buttons were smaller. As Allan Iverson was famous for hating, it takes practice.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I use quick memo from notification panel. 5.0 takes away the quick home swipe. At screen i want shot of i pull down notification panel then hit quick memo. It puts a screen shot up ready to markup and save.

dmatre

Reaction score
Figured out my problem, there is a setting for, "paper style," preference. Mine was set to the blank memo, changed it to the screen option and it works just like it is supposed to. Just takes a little poking around sometimes to find what you need.