Taking Apart the RAZR

Wildo6882

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had taken their RAZR apart? I somehow cut my earpiece screen and the Motorola logo above the earpiece (it's not terrible, but enough to annoy me) and am wondering how easy it would be to replace. Anyone have any experience with this?

I took apart my DX pretty easily to fix some of the buttons after I dropped it, so I figured I could probably do this one too, if need be. Although I haven't been able to find any spare parts on any site yet.

If anyone knows anything or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

OP
W

Wildo6882

Reaction score
Wow. That doesn't look too fun. I may have to live with it for now. I can't find the parts right now, anyway, so it's a moot point until I can find those.

Thanks for the link!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
W

Wildo6882

Reaction score
I would but I don't have another camera. And it's pretty miniscule. It's enough to drive my OCD nuts on my brand new phone. Most people wouldn't even notice. I just figured I could probably fix it myself if I could find the parts.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would but I don't have another camera. And it's pretty miniscule. It's enough to drive my OCD nuts on my brand new phone. Most people wouldn't even notice. I just figured I could probably fix it myself if I could find the parts.

LOL, gotta laugh about that post. I'm fretting about a small aberration on the metal surround around the glass screen. It seems to have had a speck of something on it before it went through its last coating process, so it feels like a grain of sand. I find myself running my fingernail across it over and over, thinking "God, how I wish this wasn't there." :blink: The worst part is it came that way from the factory! :mad:

SallyC...wish I could look past my little OCD problem too.

SallyC

Reaction score
LOL, gotta laugh about that post. I'm fretting about a small aberration on the metal surround around the glass screen. It seems to have had a speck of something on it before it went through its last coating process, so it feels like a grain of sand. I find myself running my fingernail across it over and over, thinking "God, how I wish this wasn't there." :blink: The worst part is it came that way from the factory! :mad:

Interesting! I have the same thing on mine. It's what I was thinking too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Interesting! I have the same thing on mine. It's what I was thinking too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Guess I'm not crazy after all. Either that, or we're all OCD on this Forum! ;)

milkshed27

Reaction score
Guess I'm not crazy after all. Either that, or we're all OCD on this Forum! ;) Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Hey at least your not like me... Taking a jacket in 90 degree Miami weather to a Verizon store, putting it over your head to simulate complete darkness, asking the rep to bring out multiple Razr boxes, while booting them up one by one under said jacket in order to check for black splotches on the screen. All the while the customers and reps are looking at me like I'm totally insane. Who could blame them. Apparently I am.... just a little insane.

SallyC

Reaction score
Guess I'm not crazy after all. Either that, or we're all OCD on this Forum! ;)

Fortunately my speck is just above the cell signal strength indicator. And after I put my Steinheil screen protector, I really have to look for it. So it's a bit easier to just forget about it which I can pretty much do until something like this comes up. :icon_wink:

vonfink13

Reaction score
where did you get your razr..??..if you got it at best buy and have the insurance it might be covered...or if you have insurance on it from another source it might be covered too...just a thought...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
where did you get your razr..??..if you got it at best buy and have the insurance it might be covered...or if you have insurance on it from another source it might be covered too...just a thought...

Good point, but is it worth the one-time use of the insurance for something so miniscule as that speck, even if it does DRIVE ME CRAZY? LOL!

Last edited: