From Bionic to Razr

mdanehart

Reaction score
I really liked the Bionic. I purchased it new the very first day they arrived, it served me well and lasted 14 hours easy with the Verizon Motorola over-sized battery.

On January 15 the earpiece speaker died and the 5 other refurbished units they sent to me were also faulty! The Verizon people sent me the Razr, excellent device! But the battery 'not good' when I get up at 5 a.m and retire at around 9 p.m it is already at 10 percent at 3:30 p.m.

The internal battery can't be replaced and no options on the search engines.

Any suggestions.

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
Well thank you smalltowngirl13..Have you tried this electronic surgery? I wonder about the gap around the sim card area? I will go to the local Verizon store and examine the Maxx..I have some technical ability and the process seems novice, just have to locate the battery and cover..

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have not, I have the Maxx :)...

Good luck if you venture into this and keep us posted on the outcome ;)...

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I problems with the battery life on my Razr. That's why I switched to the Maxx. Although, if you're getting an entire day out of your Razr, you're doing good!

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
Scottysize,
Did you switch under the 14 day period? Or how? This is a replacement unit....

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Nope. I have 4 lines. I used one of those to upgrade.

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
So far I have located the Maxx back cover on line no happiness for the larger battery...Maybe not available?

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
Does your phone that you just received have all the system updates? The 4g battery life has improved significantly for me since the latest update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have had the Razr since launch and I can last about 18+ hours on mine and it show about 40 to 45% left, it take a little bit for the phone's battery to learn your habits, it will continue to improve with time and use. Give it a bit,a few charging cycles first. Make sure that you only use 4g when you need it,(ie.. dwnldng large files, searching and such) otherwise keep it on 3g. ,4g is a battery hog. I'm very happy with my Razr would dare look at another phone! Its an amazing phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
I have all of the updates. Just spoiled from the large capacity Bionic battery. No 4G in this area.

Reaction score
I have all of the updates. Just spoiled from the large capacity Bionic battery. No 4G in this area.

Interesting. With no 4g, your phone should easily last all day. You say that you miss three large capacity battery on the Bionic but when three razr released in November, it had the longest lasting batterer of any smartphone so if your battery is not lasting, it could be sine strange app draining it or.....I hate to say it.....I bad phone.

My razr easily lasts 14 hours with no adjustments needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I can get 14-18 hours on my RAZR as well. You just have to know when to use wi-fi, 4G, and 3G. :)

Zandar

Reaction score

Do you have it in 3G only mode? If not, the 4G antenna is still eating battery.

If you haven't already, go to Home --> Settings --> Wireless and Networks --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode --> CDMA Only.

Sliced from my RAZR

OP
M

mdanehart

Reaction score
With all of the advice yesterday's Razr's battery life was impressive. Maybe it was Zandar 3G guide or all of the combined? or I just had a day off from work with less use? I will see on Monday. Just purchased the otterbox box (the smaller one) and feel safe in carry mode. Thanks to all. MSD