T9 Texting

Sylent

Reaction score
Ok I dont want to buy better keyboard. i shouldnt have to spend money to use t9 or phonepad texting, got the phone on release date and I thought id be used to the full keyboard by now...im not. Ideas?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
it already has predictive texting or autocorrection, what more can you want?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
full keyboard and you want t9....kinda ironic

i would think there is t9, i haven't texted with a number pad in years....

taypotts

Reaction score
My whole thing is if you are going to complain about something then why don't you support the developers that made the app that will do what you are complaining about?

OP
S

Sylent

Reaction score

Im just so used to it from my first phone (the sway) then i also used the phonepad on my omnia. just kinda what Ive been used to for over a year

91rangerturbo

Reaction score
just get used to the full keyboard on here now. Now one would really want that style keyboard. I came from a blackberry to the droid and i am happy with the keyboard. But i picked up someones old phone without a keyboard and sent one simple text message. umm yeah that was the end of that i ain't never going back to that again. lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Im just so used to it from my first phone (the sway) then i also used the phonepad on my omnia. just kinda what Ive been used to for over a year

i see, to each his own i guess. I can't even go back to a number keypad for texting, i can still do it but it just feels so slow. The virtual keyboard is the huge part of the Droid and they got a physical one, so it's hard to avoid. Hate to say it but full keyboards is pretty much the new standard, T9 is old technology that many developers have moved on from. kinda weird how it doesn't have t9 to begin with though...maybe they'll have it in the next update

dtartini

Reaction score
I love the predictive full qwerty but I think that the T9 is still usefull. With my old phone I used to text a lot one handed at work. I haven't picked an app with T9 to download yet but I plan on choosing one soon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I love the predictive full qwerty but I think that the T9 is still usefull. With my old phone I used to text a lot one handed at work. I haven't picked an app with T9 to download yet but I plan on choosing one soon.

i recommend you try Swype. great for one handed use, though you might not find it as fast as t9.

back in the day of my numberpad texting days I never used t9, couldn't get used to it. so always entered by amount of presses. swype is definitely and upgrade over that.

LilJayV10

Reaction score
I have to agree on this one. I had the LG Envy before the Driod and I could txt way faster with the predictive text with the number pad on the front. The keyboard slows me down. I could txt a reply with one hand and never even look at the phone.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
You guys could text faster with the number pads because that's what you were used to and had lots and lots of practice with. Of course you wont be able to type as fast two days after you get a new setup. Give it some time:blink:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hope you find something that works. But you are on a new phone and it is going to take time to get use to it.

hookerdj

Reaction score
if you want fast just use swype its free and fast

Ok I dont want to buy better keyboard. i shouldnt have to spend money to use t9 or phonepad texting, got the phone on release date and I thought id be used to the full keyboard by now...im not. Ideas?