T-Mobile Shares Their Intention to Eliminate Unlimited Data Plans Eventually

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
t-mobile-logo-pink-lasers.jpg

Apparently, T-Mobile has plans to get rid of their unlimited data plans in the not-too-distant future. During a recent investor's call,T-Mobile CFO Braxton Carter, said the following,

"In regards to our unlimited promotion, it is a promotion, it’s very short time. We pivoted away from using unlimited as our primary promotion mechanism in the prior year and part of what we did with Binge On again was another substantial increase in the price of unlimited."

While that is hardly specific, it does hint at a near-future when T-Mobile users will not have unlimited data. Whether that will occur first for new customers before existing customers is also unknown at this time.

Source: TMoNews

JKZ

Reaction score
They better be planning on some massive network expansion. I feel like Verizon was able to keep customers after screwing them over only because they have the largest network that works in the most places. A lot of people have no choice but to stay with them, myself included. T-Mobile does not have that luxury.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It sounds like they are just referring to the unlimited plan of 4 for $150. Promotion was used, and that is a promotional plan.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk