T-Mobile Confirms Their Unlimited Prepaid 4G Calling Plan Goes Live Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
t-mo-unlimited-plan-no-contract.jpg

This isn't VZW news, but we still thought it worth sharing to help you guys stay completely informed. We have been hearing intel for a while that T-Mobile would introduce an Unlimited Prepaid 4G Calling Plan, and today they made these rumors a reality. Not only did they officially announce it today at CES, they also launched the service option today as well. This new Unlimited Nationwide 4G plan is available now for about $70 dollars per month with no contract. The only sticker shock would be that you have to purchase your phone outright and it must be compatible with their network. Here's their official statement,

Today at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), T-Mobile USA, Inc. announced an industry first — its popular Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will be available with no annual contract starting tomorrow, Jan. 9. T-Mobile is the only U.S. carrier to offer an unlimited, nationwide, 4G data plan on a fast, dependable, nationwide, 4G network, giving customers the ultimate worry-free experience with no data caps, overages or bill shock.

“As the ‘Uncarrier,’ we’re doing the unthinkable,” said John Legere, president and chief executive officer of T-Mobile USA. “We’re directly confronting the frustrations of American consumers fed up with the cost, complexity and congested networks of our competitors. Our Unlimited 4G Data plan means 4G speeds, no caps and no overages on a smoking-fast, nationwide, 4G network. What this means is simply that T-Mobile customers are going to be able to enjoy everything a 4G smartphone is actually designed to do without limits and without a term contract.”

Consumers today are demanding more choice and flexibility in how they purchase wireless, along with the freedom to take advantage of everything their 4G smartphone has to offer without having to keep track of their data usage. Since its introduction in September, T-Mobile’s Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan is by far the most popular plan choice among T-Mobile customers. In fact, nearly half (46 percent) of new customers opted for the new data plan in December 2012.

“Simply put, consumers want their data to be blazing fast, without limits and without overages,” said Mike Sievert, chief marketing officer, T-Mobile USA. “With our new Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan, that’s exactly what we’re giving them, and for the first time, we’re offering it without an annual contract. Other carriers want to lock customers in; we’re going to earn our customers’ business with an amazing 4G experience every day.”

Wireless data usage on T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G network continues to grow as consumers increasingly step up to a fast and unlimited experience on the latest 4G devices. In total, T-Mobile customers stream 32 million songs and visit Facebook 1.8 billion times per day. T-Mobile’s Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan helps these customers power a variety of 4G experiences — from on-the-go gaming to streaming music and video — all without limits on its 4G network.

Beginning Jan. 9, T-Mobile’s Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan will be available with no annual contract for $70 per month online at Cell Phones | 4G Phones | Android Phones | T-Mobile, at T-Mobile retail stores or through select dealers and national retail store.

To kick off the Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan with no annual contract, T-Mobile will have a new offer on one of its latest smartphones. Starting Jan. 9, the LG Optimus L9 will be available for $199.99 with no annual contract. Featuring a stylish design and a stunning 4.5-inch qHD touch screen, the Optimus L9 on T-Mobile’s nationwide 4G data network delivers amazing 4G experiences, including streaming movies, searching the Web, online gaming and more.

For more information regarding T-Mobile’s lineup of no-annual-contract smartphones, visit Prepaid Cell Phones | No Contract Cell Phone Plans | T-Mobile.

This means that T-Mobile is the first US carrier to offer an unlimited off-contract 4G data plan.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Good news. How is T-Mobile coverage?

I am thinking about jumping ship from Verizon, and this sounds pretty enticing as long as the coverage is good.

I, personally, am fed up with Verizon continuing to take things away from the consumer while trying to squeeze every nickel and dime out of us. Seems that they keep moving backwards in my opinion.

omar908

Reaction score
This sounds pretty interesting, i might consider switching as well once my contract is up

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good news. How is T-Mobile coverage?

I am thinking about jumping ship from Verizon, and this sounds pretty enticing as long as the coverage is good.

I, personally, am fed up with Verizon continuing to take things away from the consumer while trying to squeeze every nickel and dime out of us. Seems that they keep moving backwards in my opinion.

To answer your question, they only just now started building their 4G network, so there really isn't much available yet.

champaned_out

Reaction score
MetroPCS has been offering unlimited 4G off contract for over a year now... Of course tmo's coverage is much better.. But I wouldn't say they are the first US carrier to offer unlimited

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
And arn't both companies 4g hspa+?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Hspa+ hahahaha t-mobile has bad coverage and for $70 not worth it. So in the end your spending $600 for the phone not worth the money. Even them buying metro pc wont help them become bigger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hspa+ hahahaha t-mobile has bad coverage and for $70 not worth it. So in the end your spending $600 for the phone not worth the money. Even them buying metro pc wont help them become bigger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
How much is VZW paying you or are you getting a DNA on the house?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

azules9780

Reaction score
Well I read an article about this new plan this morning and starting researching T-Mobile. Here's what I found, although they do only have HSPA+ right now, by mid year, the will have true 4g lte rolled out to 100 million Americans by mid year and cover 220 million by the end of this year or next, I can't remember which but I think it is this year. The kicker is that their LTE will already be preloaded with the advanced LTE capability even though there will be no advanced LTE capable phones until late 2014. Guess what, their coverage map shows pretty good heads in TN where I live but unfortunately not so great where I'm going to be working across the border in no mans land called KY. But then again nothing works well in KY anyway. So our contract will be ending pretty soon and I may buy one of those Verizon 4g hotspot devices and have that as my only service with big red until T-Mobile service gets up to par in KY and use that to power my phone service while actually using T-Mobile.

The unlimited data thing for that cheap would save us about $80 a month x a 2 year contract and subsidized phones and even if we bought the most expensive phones outright, we would still save money! Plus it seems T-Mobile has a buyback program on relatively new devices and we could still get brand new phones every 6 months if we wanted to and pay a cheaper price because of the buyback program after the initial $700 phones.

Bottom line, we will seriously considering and weighing our options and T-Mobile is at the top of the list!

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Well I read an article about this new plan this morning and starting researching T-Mobile. Here's what I found, although they do only have HSPA+ right now, by mid year, the will have true 4g lte rolled out to 100 million Americans by mid year and cover 220 million by the end of this year or next, I can't remember which but I think it is this year. The kicker is that their LTE will already be preloaded with the advanced LTE capability even though there will be no advanced LTE capable phones until late 2014. Guess what, their coverage map shows pretty good heads in TN where I live but unfortunately not so great where I'm going to be working across the border in no mans land called KY. But then again nothing works well in KY anyway. So our contract will be ending pretty soon and I may buy one of those Verizon 4g hotspot devices and have that as my only service with big red until T-Mobile service gets up to par in KY and use that to power my phone service while actually using T-Mobile.

The unlimited data thing for that cheap would save us about $80 a month x a 2 year contract and subsidized phones and even if we bought the most expensive phones outright, we would still save money! Plus it seems T-Mobile has a buyback program on relatively new devices and we could still get brand new phones every 6 months if we wanted to and pay a cheaper price because of the buyback program after the initial $700 phones.

Bottom line, we will seriously considering and weighing our options and T-Mobile is at the top of the list!

Post the link?
Although tmo only has hspa+ is it hspa+42 and in some areas it is actually out running Verizons lte network. They have no data coverage where I live and very spotty coverage around the whole city.

Sent from my vzw Galaxy Note 2

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm tempted to do this. I'd be saving around $800 a year as well. That's a good chunk of change.

Reaction score
Their coverage isn't that great. Maybe if you lived in a metro area and never leave that area would this be worth wild imo

Sent from my nexus 7 tablet while I'm away from my real computer