System Update Unavailable

Reaction score
I have been trying to download the latest update for my X and I keep getting "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." I have been getting this for two weeks now. My phone is not rooted and is completely stock except for the apps that I have downloaded. My current system verision is 4.5.602. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If you keep getting that message then the update hasn't been pushed to your device yet.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
I know that before I always got a message that would say that "You system is up to date." Not what I am getting now.

huskur

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is clear any memory from the phone itself that relies on transmission of the update apk in your system folder.

Other words..... pull the battery for 30 seconds and put it back in and try it again. That should clear up your issue

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I removed the battery and left it out for about two minutes and then put it back in and restarted the phone. I still get the same result when I check for system updates.

huskur

Reaction score
hhhmmm......make sure you are in a good 3G area. If possible use wifi and try to see if there is an update available

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Charge your battery up, go to an area with good 3G signal, dial *22899 and wait for it to hang up, check for updates again. Any change?

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
Again thanks for your help. I have tried it in multiple areas with a good 3G signal and also on wifi and get the same result. I have dialed *22899 and after it hangs up I still get the same result when I check for updates.

mwshows

Reaction score
I had this same issue last year with my DX. Called and went all the way up to something like a level 2 or 3 technician and the only way we resolved the problem was a factory reset. Something about the phone itself lost communication with the update server and could not establish a connection. If it's the same issue, then back up what you need to and then reset. I have not had the problem since.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
Thanks. I was afraid that doing a reset might be the only way to solve this problem but was hoping that somebody might have another solution. What a pain. I guess I will give a reset a try.

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
My phone battery has been at 80% or more every time I have tried it. I have even tried it first thing in the morning after I pulled it off of the charger.

OP
fishingfooltim
Reaction score
I finally figured out what the problem was with getting updates. If social networks is set to update on wifi only then this disables the "Check Updates" for the system. I wish I could take credit for this myself but I found it on another forum and thought I would pass it along on here for anyone that might need it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I finally figured out what the problem was with getting updates. If social networks is set to update on wifi only then this disables the "Check Updates" for the system. I wish I could take credit for this myself but I found it on another forum and thought I would pass it along on here for anyone that might need it.

Wow, that's just ridiculous. Nice find.