Syncing Hosted Exchange Outlook Calendar w/Motorola Droid

mrstig

Reaction score
I've followed the directions on the GoDaddy site for programming my Motorola Droid to sync with my Outlook Exchange server. I'm getting email but not seeing the calendar populate on the Droid. Anyone have a solution?

bllarkin

Reaction score
I've followed the directions on the GoDaddy site for programming my Motorola Droid to sync with my Outlook Exchange server. I'm getting email but not seeing the calendar populate on the Droid. Anyone have a solution?

On the Droid, there is a small issue with Exchange calendar sync. Try this.

1. Delete your Exchange account on your Droid.
2. Go into the corporate calendar application. The setup wizard should pop up.
3. Setup your exchange account as normal.

Setting up the account through the Corporate Calendar app seems to get around the glitch that doesn't allow the calendar to sync if you setup the account through the account setting or the Email application.

Hope that helps.

michaelpma

Reaction score
sync droid with outlook exchange calendar

Setting up the account through the Corporate Calendar app seems to get around the glitch that doesn't allow the calendar to sync if you setup the account through the account setting or the Email application.

Hope that helps.

I'm not quite sure I follow these instructions. Syncing my email was relatively easy but can you walk me through a step by step to now sync the calendar? Much appreciation in advance.

bllarkin

Reaction score

Hope that helps.

I'm not quite sure I follow these instructions. Syncing my email was relatively easy but can you walk me through a step by step to now sync the calendar? Much appreciation in advance.

You need to delete your existing exchange account (Settings -> Accounts). The mail and calendar don't sync independently, so you need to totally reset it. Once you delete the account, open Corporate Calendar. A setup wizard should pop up and walk you through setting it up again. After that, your calendar and mail should both sync fine.

michaelpma

Reaction score
Thanks, I did as you suggested and the mail syncs but the calendar is still not populated. As a temporary work around I bookmarked the url for exchange server access in my browser, of course it is not a direct sync but it does allow access. You have been very helpful and I am wondering if you can indulge me a bit more and hazard a guess at the issue or a possible fix.

VJPage

Reaction score
Calendar sync

What I had to do -- and it worked great because I wanted this end result -- is I sync'd my Exchange calendar and my Google calendar through my @gmail.com account. Then I sync'd my Droid calendar with my Google calendar. Now I get all my appts on both calendars and my Droid.:icon_ banana:

John.Edwards

Reaction score
+1 on touchdown. it just works better, closest to outlook mobile you will find.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest looking into another Exchange client. Touchdown is certainly one popular option (and what I use) but there's also RoadSync, Moxier, etc.