Best Way To Sync Outlook Calendar?

jimnutt

Reaction score
If you use touchdown or another 3rd party app to sync outlook e-mail do you have to upgrade to the $45 data plan from big red?

no. in fact, you pretty much never need the more expensive data plan. nobody can seem to figure out exactly what it's for, other than extracting money from corporate pockets.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get touchdown to work :/ i was hoping that was it. I am going to try to verify our server address and see if we have OWA enabled when my boss gets in.

Ok so when i connect wifi and log into touchdown it gets stuck on the checking for microsoft exchange server 2007 support with ssl and has the little spinning circle... Been sitting here for half an hour now.

TJKELLY

Reaction score
GSyncIt

I have used GSyncIt for a few months. It has a 30 day trial, so you can at least play with it for a bit. It sync my Outlook Calendar and Outlook Contacts. It does not sync mail.

http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/index.shtml

I was happy with it until last week when Goggle made a change to this interface and the GSyncIt code ended up deleting every single one of my calendar entries. I keep backups of my exchange files, so I was fine. I'm sure others were not as lucky.

Emperor Crusher

Reaction score
Sync Solutions Found

www.syncdroid.net has a list of known sync software between Outook and Droids. They give a table listing the software, what it syncs, prices (some free), whether it needs a gmail account or not, whether it uses USB cable sync or wireless (3G or bluetooth), and more. Its good to finally have a site like this. :biggrin:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is handy. I know Outlook sync is a concern for many.

curvefree

Reaction score
I use the Companionlink usb app to sync with ACT. Before I switched to ACT I used Companionlink to sync with Outlook with Business Contact Manager. Companionlink is the shizz, bottom line. As a salesman, I couldn't live without it. Well, I could but I would have to go back to Blackberry.

Riefle

Reaction score
Manual Cal Upload

While I would love to have an auto update calendar, the auto solutions are not compatible with my companies security policy. I found the following guide to manually upload a calendar to Gmail. This in-turn updates your phone. It's better than nothing for those in my situation.

Export an Outlook calendar to Google Calendar

In Outlook, in Calendar, select a calendar to make it the active calendar in the view.
On the File menu, click Save As.
Type a name for the iCal file in the File name text box. This name should be easy to recognize and meaningful for you and your recipients.
A summary of the calendar name, date range, and detail level appears next to More Options. If you are satisfied with the summary, proceed to step 8, otherwise continue with step 4.

Click More Options.

From the Date Range list, choose the amount of calendar data to include in the iCal file, or click Specify dates to enter a custom date range.
TIP If you choose a large date range or select Whole calendar, you might create a large iCalendar file.

From the Detail list, choose the amount of detail to show the recipients. By default, the Availability only option is selected. None of the options include your items marked private unless you change the privacy option in Advanced.
Optionally, click Show to see Advanced options.
Include details of items marked private This option requires Detail to be set to Limited Details or Full Details. The existence of private items will be included, but no further information will be shared.
Include attachments within calendar items This option requires Detail to be set to Full Details. All attachments in calendar items, such as spreadsheets, are included.
NOTE This might increase the size of the iCalendar file significantly.

Click OK, and then click Save.
If your calendar contains no items, a dialog box appears to provide you with a chance to cancel saving the iCalendar file.

Log onto your Google Calendar account.
Click Settings at the top of the page.
Under Calendar Settings, click Import Calendar.
Under Step 1: Select File, click Browse, choose the file that you created in step 8, and then click Open.
Under Step 2: Choose Calendar, select the Google Calendar where you want to import your Outlook calendar.
Under Step 3: Complete Import, click Import.
NOTE This is a static calendar that does not update, regardless of changes made to it in Outlook. To update the calendar in Google Calendar with the changes made to it in the Outlook calendar, you must repeat this procedure.

orionsvantage

Reaction score
no. in fact, you pretty much never need the more expensive data plan. nobody can seem to figure out exactly what it's for, other than extracting money from corporate pockets.

It's a plan for BlackBerry users.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums