Syncing Contacts from a previous phone to the droid

b1gnasty

Reaction score
So verizon still hasn't come up with a way to sync contacts from a previous phone to the droid. When I initially sync'd my facebook contacts to the phone it took up all the contact information. I can't add numbers to pre-existing friends and it's kinda frustrating. I had to save them as extra contacts so i have a few contacts under the same name.

Anyone know of a way to sync to contacts or a program that would be useful to help fix the problem?

Thanks

keiichi25

Reaction score
So verizon still hasn't come up with a way to sync contacts from a previous phone to the droid. When I initially sync'd my facebook contacts to the phone it took up all the contact information. I can't add numbers to pre-existing friends and it's kinda frustrating. I had to save them as extra contacts so i have a few contacts under the same name.

Anyone know of a way to sync to contacts or a program that would be useful to help fix the problem?

Thanks

Uhm... I don't believe this is true. After all, I had a Verizon Chocolate 3 and they synced my contacts from my phone to the Droid with no problem. While it didn't have the picture information to go with it, it did have the phone contact information with no problem.

The only time they could not transfer my contact information was when I had gotten the Chocolate 3 the very month it came out when I switched from T-mobile to them, due to not having the cable at the time.

Squidpoker

Reaction score
Make sure you guys check all your contacts because I thought verizon transferred all of my contacts but it appears that they are having trouble because I later noticed I was missing quite a few contacts. The rep also said they were having issues. So although it may seem like your contacts are there, I would double check to see if any are missing.

angelman

Reaction score
they told me that they were having problems with syncing. It seems that when google contacts get synced they tend to overwrite everything else. I had a sort of random selection copied over though I'll give them 10 points for effort. I used to have a sony phone on tmobile. In the end I had to export my contacts from the sony phone as a csv, import to google and then they got synced.

OP
b1gnasty

b1gnasty

Reaction score
hmm idk i had a lg dare and when they tried to sync my contacts didnt carry over for some reason.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Use BitPim to transfer over contacts from your LG phones.

I backed up my contact list, sync'd the list with gmail, then sync'd the phone with gmail... Winner winner chicken dinner! :)