Sync won't stop running!

kdw11005

Reaction score
It seems there's always something screwy going on with my phone. The syncing symbol (the 2 arrows in a circle) on my notification bar are always on (next to the 3G). I haven't changed any settings, I don't know why it's there but it was yesterday too & it drains my battery!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tha5150

Reaction score
interesting.

let me explain first that i am one of 3 IT guys for my company. one of my rolls is phones. Blackberries, iPhones, Android OS phones and desk phones.

4 different people in 3 days with 3 different OS's have had this same problem. 3 were comunicating with our Exchange server and 1 was their Yahoo account.

i am very interested to see this problem. strangly it started working again automatically on the Evo. the Blackberry needed to be reset from our BES server and the iPhone fixed itself on a hard reset.

very very interesting

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
I was told yesterday that they are changing the local cell towers from 3G to 4G & a lot of ppl are experiencing little glitches in their phones but they quickly go away. I have pulled the battery (a few times), shut off my phone for an hour, I double checked that all my settings were the same & nothings changed. I went about 3 days where my text msg tone didn't play, no led light flashed & no notification on the bar showed but someone on here told me how to fix it & it worked. About 2 hours later this happened.

tha5150

Reaction score
AHA!! the reason. you are very very true. i never thoughts of that. but you are correct. where we are right now, they are upgrading and "opening up" the 4G lines/towers. i bet a shiny penny this is the cause.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
My theroy is the iphone (now on the verizon network) is so screwed up it's messing up the other smart phones on verizon network.....just a thought, lol. I LOVE my droid!

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
In case anyone would like to know I unrooted my phone & have never gotten rid of the syncing symbol on the top of my screen.

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
Sbf'd? I was think of doing a factory reset & reinstalling apps but that's a lot of work....I may have to tho

tha5150

Reaction score
i would start with a factory reset for sure and if that doesnt work then sbf. another thing you can try to do is completely delete the account, reboot and resetup and see if it stays syncing.

crittera

Reaction score
I was having the same issues (constantly on no matter what I did the sync symbol would not go away) and it killed my battery extremely fast. I followed some advice (to a certain point) on here and finally found the problem

From home, menu->settings->accounts -> Google account

Then I looked at what I had syncing and found that the SYNC CALENDAR had a rotating sync sign. Once I disabled SYNC CALENDAR the sync symbol immediately disappeared.

BigLuvins

Reaction score
I was having the same issues (constantly on no matter what I did the sync symbol would not go away) and it killed my battery extremely fast. I followed some advice (to a certain point) on here and finally found the problem

From home, menu->settings->accounts -> Google account

Then I looked at what I had syncing and found that the SYNC CALENDAR had a rotating sync sign. Once I disabled SYNC CALENDAR the sync symbol immediately disappeared.

Exact same thing here. Unchecked the gmail calendar sync. (Razr)
Had about 5mins of battery time left so I'm too far gone today to see if this was battery killer culprit.

Last edited: