Notification Bar Problem

Batman8

Reaction score
This is not a major problem, but a very annoying problem now for me that I can't figure out so I'm reaching out to you all. My notification bar always shows that I have 2 extra downloaded apps that I DON'T actually have. I'm talking about the black circle in your left hand corner of the notification bar that has a little red circle on it with the number of apps you just downloaded or updated. If I download 3 apps the little red circle will show a 5. If I download 4 apps the little red circle will show a 6. It always adds 2 more to the number I actually have! If I HIT CLEAR it goes away completely until I download something else, then it's screwed up again. Does anyone know how I can permanently clear or reset this? It's driving me crazy!

One more thing that's messed up with my notification bar is that I ALWAYS have the "sync" icon in the bar although it's not spinning so it's not actually syncing anything. It just won't go away!!! Luckily it does not seem to be draining my battery but I want it GONE!!!!! Thanks.

E1337Hax

Reaction score
This is not a major problem, but a very annoying problem now for me that I can't figure out so I'm reaching out to you all. My notification bar always shows that I have 2 extra downloaded apps that I DON'T actually have. I'm talking about the black circle in your left hand corner of the notification bar that has a little red circle on it with the number of apps you just downloaded or updated. If I download 3 apps the little red circle will show a 5. If I download 4 apps the little red circle will show a 6. It always adds 2 more to the number I actually have! If I HIT CLEAR it goes away completely until I download something else, then it's screwed up again. Does anyone know how I can permanently clear or reset this? It's driving me crazy!

One more thing that's messed up with my notification bar is that I ALWAYS have the "sync" icon in the bar although it's not spinning so it's not actually syncing anything. It just won't go away!!! Luckily it does not seem to be draining my battery but I want it GONE!!!!! Thanks.

Have you flashed,rooted,or changed kernels?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I don't believe you can change the kernel on the Droid X. To the OP, try doing a factory data reset.

good luck