Email wont stop syncing

andeejo

Reaction score
I noticed the syncing symbol on top of the phone next to the gps and wii fii symbol. I have never seen that set on the phone before. I finally figured out that my aol account (my default email account) was continuously syncing. I forced stopped it but everytime I go back into it, it just starts up again. So i did a shut down and batt pull. This seemed to work. However, the next day I noticed the sync symbol again at the top of the phone. It started all over again. I shut the phone down with no battery pull and it has stopped. Does anyone know what this could be. I have tripled checked my settings. Nothing has changed. Here is a short hx that may help. Several days ago I stopped getting emails so I deleated the account and put it back on. That solved that problem, but the notifications are slow (it is set to push mail every 30 min.) Then I am trying out K-9 mail app to see if I like it. It seems to work fine. But I like the basic stock mail better. Hope all this makes sense. Any ideas?

OP
A

andeejo

Reaction score
The syncing has started again. I notice now that it is the gmail and Aol account. I have never just left it syncing to see how long it would stay syncing. If I want it to stop, then I have to stop both.