Sync with Outlook Exchange Server 2000?

getsome831

Reaction score
So my concern with picking up one of these sweet looking phones is the wireless corporate syncing. My company still runs outlook exchange server 2000, and per Motorola's website it looks as though this thing will only sync with outlook exchange server 2003 or 2007. If so i think i'm hosed because not syncing wirelessly is a deal breaker to be honest. Can anybody tell me otherwise if it'll work with Outlook Exchange Server 2000 or if there are any other widgets or PC applications that might bridge the gap?

To bad there's no BB Connect option like my custom AT&T Tilt running WinMo 6.5 has...it works perfectly for me...on the corporate side of things anyway. :(

Thanks.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately this will happen from time to time. Exchange 2000 is already 2 revision old. I'm not saying that you have to move off it or anything, just merely that you find that the options for older technology will be limited due to the limitations that technology had at the time.

OP
G

getsome831

Reaction score
Unfortunately this will happen from time to time. Exchange 2000 is already 2 revision old. I'm not saying that you have to move off it or anything, just merely that you find that the options for older technology will be limited due to the limitations that technology had at the time.
If i could move off of Exchange 2000 i would but unfortunately i'm at the mercy of my company's IT department for the upgrade and budgets are tight right now as you can probably imagine. So i think i'm stuck as long as my corporate IT is going the BB route (BES)...why support 2 push methods if 99% of your workforce has BB's.

BBguy2217

Reaction score
In the same boat....

If i could move off of Exchange 2000 i would but unfortunately i'm at the mercy of my company's IT department for the upgrade and budgets are tight right now as you can probably imagine. So i think i'm stuck as long as my corporate IT is going the BB route (BES)...why support 2 push methods if 99% of your workforce has BB's.

What I do not understand is how I just type my email and password in my blackberry email setup, and BAM, there is my Eschange Email, no additional settings, no ports, no Ip address, nothing else. It just works.

Why can't the Droid do this? I have tried the Touchdown App for the DroidX as well, but obviously like you stated above, the Droid only offers support for the 2003 and above exchange servers.

Poop. I want the Droid very badly, but I need my work email. I have even tried forwarding my work email to my gmail account, but no luck.. It's just Exchange Server 2000. We all need to upgrade that thing!!!

Good Luck Getsome831