Sync with Apple programs/iMac

Sailhandler

Reaction score
Like most Apple users I sync all my other devices(ie cellphones, smart phones,etc.) with my source programs.....iTunes, iCal, and Address Book. Does anyone know if the Droid will sync directly with iMacs for these three programs or should I just go to an iPhone to simplify my life?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you are already using a ton of other apple devices and services, i would say the iPhone would be your best bet. it may not be the best device out there, but it will most certainly do most anything you need it to do, and the syncing will likely go very very well..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While there may be apps that allow for the easy syncing of the mac devices, the iphone is already a mac device, ready to sync at a moments notice. Unfortunately I would hate to see you have to get on such a crappy service as at&t provides, but if it makes your life 100 times easier then by all means.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
to me, it would be worth it to at least TRY to make it work with the droid, just for the network.. but if it doesn't work out, you've got the 30 day return policy.

stanwelks

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out the same thing. As a Mac user, I want it to at least be able to synch with my Address Book so I can have all of my contacts on it. Might this be listed in some documentation? Where would be a good place to search for this?

Thanks.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out the same thing. As a Mac user, I want it to at least be able to synch with my Address Book so I can have all of my contacts on it. Might this be listed in some documentation? Where would be a good place to search for this?

Thanks.

DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12058&NewsAreaID=2
AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc... <--android app store

those are good sites for specs, but i'm not sure if there is anything mentioning mac address books in there. i'm pretty sure i remember reading it would sync with a mac or pc, but i'll have to do some searching..

stanwelks

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply with these links. I will look through them, if you happen to find the info describing it synching with a Mac, please post.

Thanks again.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also a heavy mac user, and was wondering the same thing.. Google and Apple have been somewhat "friends" over the past years until the recent Good Voice issues with the iPhone.

I wonder if Apple will treat the new Droid like the Pre?

jcstarr

Reaction score
The great thing is Droid depends on a gmail address to operate the phone and sync up, etc. Apple's Address Book has the option to sync with Google & Yahoo, so simply go into preferences and check the box, enter your email and password for gmail, and it will sync all of your contacts. THEN when you get your Droid on Friday, simply select the option to sync with Google contacts.BAM!!! All of your contacts are now on your phone and can be synced again and again anytime you need to change something. The calendar is a little more tricky, but it can be done. All directions can be found here and whatever you enter in Google Calendar transfers to iCal and vice versa.

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

Hope this helps anyone questioning how to make this work on a Mac.

Also, I created an entirely new gmail address so that way I don't have a bunch of junk mail/forwards being sent to my Droid's email when I get it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The great thing is Droid depends on a gmail address to operate the phone and sync up, etc. Apple's Address Book has the option to sync with Google & Yahoo, so simply go into preferences and check the box, enter your email and password for gmail, and it will sync all of your contacts. THEN when you get your Droid on Friday, simply select the option to sync with Google contacts.BAM!!! All of your contacts are now on your phone and can be synced again and again anytime you need to change something. The calendar is a little more tricky, but it can be done. All directions can be found here and whatever you enter in Google Calendar transfers to iCal and vice versa.

Get Started with CalDAV - Google Calendar Help

Hope this helps anyone questioning how to make this work on a Mac.

Also, I created an entirely new gmail address so that way I don't have a bunch of junk mail/forwards being sent to my Droid's email when I get it.

This is good news for the MAC crowd

US James

Reaction score
sync droid to address book

I know you can sync with address book by exporting your address book contacts and then importing them into the gmail account you had to start with the Droid. This works reasonably well and you can clean up any confusion within the gmail account pretty easily.

I'm still trying to figure out ical and itunes.

Good Luck