sync and gmail

silverbullet87

Reaction score
In the past i would send a email to my gmail account and receive the notification on my phone almost instantly. It seems some of my settings must have changed along the lines because my phone isn't pulling new gmail unil i manually sync.

auto sync enabled
background data enable
sync is "on" for my gmail account

is there something i'm missing?

Macrophage

Reaction score
Try clearing the cache and data for Gmail, Gmail Storage, and Google Apps via the application manager. You'll be asked for your Google credentials again then it should start to sync.

It's also possible you have a weak or intermittent data connection and the push socket is being closed?

Taegost

Reaction score
I was having that issue as well, so I switched to using K9... I haven't had a problem, and it's even better now then before because it's using Push, so I literally get the e-mails immediately instead of waiting for the server to be polled!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was having that issue as well, so I switched to using K9... I haven't had a problem, and it's even better now then before because it's using Push, so I literally get the e-mails immediately instead of waiting for the server to be polled!

You'll find, I think, that you will have to clear out your K-9 inbox and dump the trash periodically. As far as gmail synch is concerned, try not to synch too many folders or too many days of email. I can tell you from experience that not paying attention to these settings can drag your system down and/or interfere with synchronization.

Last edited:

cocorama

Reaction score
same issues

Try clearing the cache and data for Gmail, Gmail Storage, and Google Apps via the application manager. You'll be asked for your Google credentials again then it should start to sync.

I'm having same problems!!! so frustrating, messaging and yahoo email is "instant" but google voice text & gmail is not coming thru unless i manually refresh...

How do I clear the cache on moto droid? didn't see it.

Any other solutions, it's a pain in the ...

Thanks

Momster

Reaction score
Hey all, I am having probs too and am SO frustrated. I need to be able to reliably check multiple email accounts and I cannot get the only one I currently have on the Droid to work.

If I log into gmail online, I have 41 emails. Those are not the emails showing on my phone.. my phone is showing a ton of old ones and not some in my actual acct. I've tried refreshing - no good. I have NO idea how to clear a cache, sync, or anything else.

When you say to go do something, I am completely stumped! I am so hopelessly non-technically minded. I really need your help!

hacku

Reaction score
One thing that my Gmail has been doing recently is that when I delete something on my phone, it doesn't actually delete it in my Gmail. This happens even after I do a sync from the phone.