Sync Active Symbol w/ Losing 3G/Service???? Connection????

gudziel1482

Reaction score
During the day, I will notice that my 3G and Signal will drop in and out for a couple of minutes. When this happens, I (obviously) cannot access the internet, service using apps, but can still make phone calls? Also, I have noticed that the "Active Syncing" symbol (two arrows in a circle) is displaying 9/10 times. Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone else have issues with signal/3G dropouts????

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Are you in a bad service area? That would be the most logical explanation. That would cause the 3g and phone to drop out. Im guessing that the device is syncing itself when the signal returns..

OP
gudziel1482

gudziel1482

Reaction score
Are you in a bad service area? That would be the most logical explanation. That would cause the 3g and phone to drop out. Im guessing that the device is syncing itself when the signal returns..

Um, I definitely doubt it. I live about 15 min south of Pittsburgh, PA. I work in the city itself. So I know I have good service. Also, it only seems to happen to me, when I bought my gf the same phone and my best friend/co-worker also has the DX with no issues.

All three of our phones are:

--rooted
--Fabolous Apex 1.3.1 ROM
--Nexolution Theme

It's just bothersome when I am listening to SiriusXM or on another app that's using the 3G and then it stops for about 2-3 minutes. It's weird really.

But thanks for your post!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
It would bother me to. That is odd that all the phones are the same and yours isn't doing it though... Is it just happening on sirius?

OP
gudziel1482

gudziel1482

Reaction score
It would bother me to. That is odd that all the phones are the same and yours isn't doing it though... Is it just happening on sirius?

It seems to me to happen when SiriusXM is on, but I keep it on all the time during the work day.

But if I go onto my browser, market or anything else of the sort that requires 3G, it is random and will cut in and out for a few minutes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SiriusXM. But that doesn't seem to alleviate the issue.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Thats odd. I would definitely try doing *228 and updating. If that doesn't work than I am a bit stumped. :blink:

OP
gudziel1482

gudziel1482

Reaction score
Thats odd. I would definitely try doing *228 and updating. If that doesn't work than I am a bit stumped. :blink:

Thx for your suggestion. I'll give it a shot. I've done it before but not sure when. Maybe it's time to try it?

Thank you. :D

shawnmooney2

Reaction score
Im having the exact same problem... I just moved to 2.3.320 yesterday, my 3G will only connect for a few seconds, ill turn wireless tether on, get one sub par speedtest out of it using speedtest.net of about 1.6 Mbs download and .5 Mbs upload, thats awful for the Scranton PA area.. yesterday i was on the 2.2.3 and i was crashing, not as frequently, so i did a wipe and got stuck in MEM so i had to load the 2.3.320 and now, i just do not get 3G at all... i hope these new iphone users are not sucking up our network as well to add to this issue.. stupid phone

PS *228 and *22899 and *22890 did nothing