Swype will release application for all Android users June 16th

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Well, I got it to install but it won't swype. I have to type out the words.

bowhuntr09

Reaction score

I assume you did the following?

# Go to the phone's Settings choose Locale & text and check the box next to Swype
# Go into any application in which you enter text (messaging, email, contacts, etc)
# Press and hold your finger in any field where you enter text
# Wait until the pop up appears, press Input Method, and select Swype
# Start Swyping!

BostonDan

Reaction score

# Go to the phone's Settings choose Locale & text and check the box next to Swype
# Go into any application in which you enter text (messaging, email, contacts, etc)
# Start Swyping!

I did the above, but I am having the same problem. Every time I Swype it beeps and won't accept the input. I can tap on the Swype keyboard, but the swype action no longer works.

Aarrgh! I love this application and want it to work correctly!

Cheers,
B.D.

metsnfins

Reaction score
cool i just signed up last night and was able to login and get it today

SGTiger

Reaction score

# Start Swyping!

I did the above, but I am having the same problem. Every time I Swype it beeps and won't accept the input. I can tap on the Swype keyboard, but the swype action no longer works.

Aarrgh! I love this application and want it to work correctly!

Cheers,
B.D.

This has happened to me twice in the months I've been using it. Just click and hold in the text box and choose input method. Choose the standard android keyboard. Then do the same thing again, but rechoose the Swype keyboard. Swype will go back to working then.

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice in the months I've been using it. Just click and hold in the text box and choose input method. Choose the standard android keyboard. Then do the same thing again, but rechoose the Swype keyboard. Swype will go back to working then.

If this doesn't work, try unselecting Swype in settings and rebooting the phone and then reselecting swype.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I cant help but to think that this was pushed out faster then they wanted it to due to 2.2..

ChefZiggy

Reaction score
Wow, is it me, or is their site getting hammered right now?

I can't get in either. I was never registered but want to be, but I can't.

Crap. I loves my Swype... I've personally sold several people on the Droid based on Swype alone.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
I can't get into site either. I was able to before, downloaded everything, but now they are saying I am not entering the same email address and password that I registered with and it won't register, but I think I did, and am stuck. Any suggestions?

ChefZiggy

Reaction score
I can't get into site either. I was able to before, downloaded everything, but now they are saying I am not entering the same email address and password that I registered with and it won't register, but I think I did, and am stuck. Any suggestions?

I finally got in and registered. Now trying to download the .apk to the phone and it is hung "Waiting for a data connection..."

The server is just overwhelmed. They need a mirror or six.

garryyjr

Reaction score
Any one else having a heck of a time try to get the link they send in the email open.. Man, forever....

MJ5150

Reaction score
Haha...the site is getting pounded today. It took nearly five minutes just for the page to load telling me the download was about to start.

Be patient folks, and maybe wait a couple hours when traffic dies down.

-Mike

Gump47371

Reaction score
My advice is just keep trying. From the time I made my post about 1.5 hours ago, I have been trying mostly nonstop. They are getting hammered, but stay persistent and you will eventually get through.

Never knew how much I liked Swype until it was gone a couple days ago. Glad its back.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Swype Open Beta (limited time)

I didn't see an existing post (yes I searched quickly but i'm at work so I didn't spend too much time) about the Swype open beta, so I thought I'd share.

I haven't had Swype on my phone since the app expired back in Jan or Feb. Today I got word that Swype was going to open their beta app and sure enough they did. You have to register for a copy and they email you a link to the installer app.

It works for me on Froyo.:icon_ banana: