Swype Problem

brando56894

Reaction score
I had this problem before but didnt care that much about it. I dont know if Im dumb or something but I cant get swype to enter any text in for me, I have the keyboard selected under input method and it shows up and I can draw the line but no text is ever entered in the selected field.

If I tap the individual letters it works fine. Also if I hit the "swype key" in the lower lefthand corner it brings me to the help screen, Ive tried the tutorial but it always stops at "swype" during "whatch us type out swype is quick".

I really am dumbfounded by this since two of my friends had it working earlier on their phones. One has a droid and the other has a nexus 1.

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one, but I know it works. I'm on froyo and she was on stock eclair, maybe that's the reason.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jhom

Reaction score
More often than not, I have found that when a working app goes buggy a simple turning off of the phone and rebooting solves the problem.

chizno

Reaction score
Swype is amazing. I'm so glad I have my Android phone. Setting it up and install was painless for me. Loving it.