Swype and Speech to Text

mrtrumpet

Reaction score
I love Swype, but I love the new speech to text implementation in 2.1 even more! It would be great if they were combined.

Does anyone know if there's a way to implement speech to text in Swype? For example, the new 2.1 keyboard has a microphone right on it where you can speak what you want to have go into a text box. Is there any way to open the microphone currently in Swype?

If not, Swype folks, are you listening?

Thanks.

cloud12077

Reaction score
I love Swype, but I love the new speech to text implementation in 2.1 even more! It would be great if they were combined.

Does anyone know if there's a way to implement speech to text in Swype? For example, the new 2.1 keyboard has a microphone right on it where you can speak what you want to have go into a text box. Is there any way to open the microphone currently in Swype?

If not, Swype folks, are you listening?

Thanks.

I agree.

Personally I love swype over the voice, so swype wins out. But I would love to have them both integrated!

uflraptor

Reaction score
Out world be great if we could activate speech to text by a long press on the camera button or something else like that.

mikenilson

Reaction score
In handsent if you hit the menu key a microphone will show as one of the options. Click on it and speak. Sadly this does not work in the browser.

Last edited:

DroidFan

Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but that microphone in Handcent was there LONG before 2.1... I've been using it for several months now. I like it, but I like Swype much more.