Switching lines and keeping unlimited

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
last question, then i'll be a pro at this!!! how long does the new phone need to be activated on the dummy line? 5min? a day?

thanks >9000!!!

that i dont know for sure, its activated right after you boot it up with the dummy line sim, so 5min should do it.
if i was doing it, i would wait an hour, just to make sure its fully in the system.

maybe someone who has done it will comment later and give you a more definite time frame.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
one more thing, when you boot it up make sure you see the activation screen. you may have to do the first step or 2. if you dont proceed to that, its not activated.

don_813

Reaction score
if you go to a 3rd party authorized premium verizon reseller, they will most likely do it for you and you will still pay the upgrade prices on the s4's but keep your unlimited data plans

it worked for me. We went to a 3rd party reseller for verizon at the mall...
we had 3 phones with unlimited data and one basic phone.
we bought 4 s4's, kept 3 of them with unlimited data and the 4th phone has 2gb data plan and still paid ~200 for phones

rizzo20

Reaction score
This thread is nearly a year old , not sure if the process has changed......My situation is a little different than the scenarios here.

We have 2 Smart phones on a Nationwide Talk Share 700 Plan.

Phone A: mainline 2GB Data Plan
Phone B: secondary line is Unlimited Data

I had a upgrade available on line "B" and transferred it to line "A". The phone just arrived via FED - Ex today and I want to make sure I do this right. The new phone arrived with a SIM card in it already. Both phones "A" & "B" have SIM cards in them as well. Do I leave the SIM cards where they are, activate the new phone on line "A" for a day or so, then activate the new phone on line "B" and I'm all set? It seems like every one is doing it with a dumb phone but we don't have one, only 2 smart phones. please help .

Thanks
[h=4][/h]

rizzo20

Reaction score
Just to follow up:

I activated the new phone on line "A" for about 5 hours then switched it over to line "B". It worked like a charm, I still have unlimited data on my brand new Moto X that I got for free :biggrin: