Switching from Eris to Incredible

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find a "how to" or any other posts on this... if so, please link it and close the thread...

My wife currently has a Eris (non-rooted) and is going to the Incredible (also non-rooted). Is there a very simple way to do what equates to a "Device Copy" from the Eris to the Incredible?

The one thing I liked about blackberry was that the Device Manager had a device swap and it would copy everything from your old phone to the new.

I have used HTC Sync to backup her stuff, but is there any way to backup the old phone and restore it on the Incredible? Thanks in advance!

weedmnreap

Reaction score
Also looking for assist with switching from Eris to Incredible

I received my phone yesterday, but have yet to activate it since I don't want to loose any of my info. There is no back up assistant on Verizon for the Eris so how are you able to transfer? Also, what about pictures? Are all the photo's on my Eris automatically stored on the memory card? I couldn't find a way to back those up either.
Thanks in advance.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
My suggestion is to download a program like MyBackup from the market... you can back up your APKs and Data using that, then restore it on your new phone. If your Eris is not Rooted and/or you don't root your Incredible, then you will only be able to restore the actual applications, not the "market links" nor the Data within the Applications.

google123

Reaction score
Titanium Backup can help you out also. Also, once you set up your account on the new phone, sync should take care of your contacts and stuff. As far as the pics on the memory card, you can just pop the card out and into your new phone and access them right away. Good luck.

OP
WorldOfJohnboy
Reaction score
Titanium Backup can help you out also. Also, once you set up your account on the new phone, sync should take care of your contacts and stuff. As far as the pics on the memory card, you can just pop the card out and into your new phone and access them right away. Good luck.

I am pretty sure Titanium is only for Rooted users. Also, if you have HTC Sync installed on a PC, that would take care of contacts, pictures, but honestly MyBackup is probably the easiest for non-Rooted users.

google123

Reaction score
I am pretty sure Titanium is only for Rooted users. Also, if you have HTC Sync installed on a PC, that would take care of contacts, pictures, but honestly MyBackup is probably the easiest for non-Rooted users.

True True